Non-motoring > No Turkey For Christmas ??? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 12

No Turkey For Christmas ??? - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54636563
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - Duncan
Who is going to have a big enough gathering - legitimately - to warrant having a turkey?

www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/259435328
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - CGNorwich
I guess there won’t be much of a demand for turkeys if we are all locked down and unable to invite friend and family to dinner. I’m not sure if we should make an effort anyway because it’s Christmas or just forget about it and treat it like any other day.
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - Kevin
>I guess there won’t be much of a demand for turkeys if we are all locked
>down and unable to invite friend and family to dinner.

We're holding a funeral for the turkey. Up to 30 people allowed.
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - sooty123
Nothing like being overly dramatic

''and potentially force people to go without food this Christmas,"
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - legacylad
Quite. What a joke. They general public can always tuck into a chocolate orange or unwrap a bar of white Toblerone if there are no turkeys available.

Personally I’d rather have a piece of salmon on a bed of spinach with roasted sweet potatoes.
Which is what we do anyway.

Stuff Christmas. Pun intended.
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - No FM2R
Far be it from me to ever suggest that the BBC aims for sensationalism in lieu of actual news.

They need to recruit more actual educated and knowledgable journalists aiming for consumers with a brain and raise their aspirations somewhat higher than merely being a ready substitute for the Daily Mail.
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - R.P.
The latest date for our house-move is the 14th December - depending on how that goes, we may or maybe not have a "normal" Christmas...
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - Zero

aiming for consumers with a
>> brain

Alas they are rarer than the turkeys.
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - Runfer D'Hills
Turkey is a bit like lager, or Vauxhalls, attractive if presented well, but ultimately, disappointing.
 No Turkey For Christmas ??? - smokie
... but cold turkey, either in sandwiches or with mash and pickles, is an absolute joy!!
Cold turkey with cranberry sauce, served in seeded wholemeal bread, lovely.
I’ve only owned 2 Vauxhall’s. A Mk 2 1.6 Astra estate, metallic gold, used & abused. Never let me down. A similar Mk 2 hatch bought as a perk for a shop manager. Equally reliable. 20 odd years ago.
Latest Forum Posts