Non-motoring > Quarantine after overseas Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 12

Quarantine after overseas - legacylad
So how does that work ?
Arrive back into the U.K. on a late evening flight. No public transport to get home...stay overnight at some local cheap accommodation. Then catch a service bus the next morning to the nearest rail station. Then arrange a taxi to get from the rail station home, or walk a few miles dragging your suitcase.
Then start the 2 weeks quarantine. Hmmm.
 Quarantine after overseas - zippy
No.

You forgot a couple of steps...

You got to the supermarket to stock up on essentials that you will need for your two week stay at home.

You chat to the elderly neighbours over the fence to thank them for looking after the cat, watching the house etc.
I dislike cats.
I’ll chat to them over the fence, or sit in their garden drinking beer and wearing 5 layers. As I did in April only wearing one layer.
My freezer is already full of sausages, mince, chicken breast and ribeye steaks. No shopping required.
Last edited by: legacylad on Sun 11 Oct 20 at 22:38
 Quarantine after overseas - Duncan
>> I dislike cats.
>> I’ll chat to them over the fence, or sit in their garden drinking beer and
>> wearing 5 layers. As I did in April only wearing one layer.

If I didn't like cats, I wouldn't speak to them even over the fence.
 Quarantine after overseas - Bromptonaut
>> So how does that work ?
>> Arrive back into the U.K. on a late evening flight. No public transport to get
>> home

The vast majority would surely have driven to the airport and will drive home again at whatever hour they land back at (say) LBA.

If not driving then yes, as you say, possibly hotel then PT. Wear a mask, maintain rigid distancing. Have home delivery/deliveries sorted to cover the fortnight.
 Quarantine after overseas - CGNorwich
The vast majority would not of course have travelled against Government recommendations in the first place so wouldn’t have the problem.
Quite so.
But I’m not one of those who puts their life on hold CGN. Assess the risk, such as it is, and act accordingly as per one’s own individual circumstances.
I’m being joined next week by 5 friends, from 3 different households, who will be staying in different rented accommodations within 2 kilometres of me.
Very true.
As I don’t know my return date, which is dependent upon a number of factors outside my control, I don’t leave a car at the airport. Never do on my long stay trips...but I do take the issue seriously. Face masks which I wash regularly at 60, social distancing...my biggest concern is public transport upon return. I’ve my own transport in Spain, an outdoor lifestyle, lots of fresh air and exercise.
Uon my return I’ll organise food deliveries from a supermarket, and the local butcher, and initially call in a favour for a food drop off by a friend. Two weeks quarantine isn’t sufficient time to complete the job list on my desk at home.

In the meantime I’ll maximise the vitamin D.
 Quarantine after overseas - smokie
Abundant supplies of free vitamin D on the beach here in Portugal yesterday. The forecast is saying maybe a bit of rain a week today but it's vitamin D all the way till then!! :-)

We have visited one beach bar which I won't rush back to, the tables were too close for my liking and because it was busy (what with it being the weekend) you couldn't even make yourself a bit more space.Other than that it still seems everyone takes it seriously here.
 Quarantine after overseas - Zero
Turn up at airport after flight from banned place, dragged out of the queue at immigration, and thrown into a detention centre

Probably worth it after a blissful afternoon on the beach...28C, warm sea, great ‘views’
The mountains of the Marina Alta beckon tomorrow. But first, cold beers outside on the villa terrace with friends
Buenas noches
 Quarantine after overseas - smokie
I've been in the sea each day since Sunday. Tightens the nuts but it's lovely once you're in... Weather here in Portugal goes a bit downhill next week if the forecast is to be believed - a little rain on occasions and not quite so warm.
Last edited by: smokie on Tue 13 Oct 20 at 20:06
 Quarantine after overseas - Dog
>>Buenas noches

Up yours!

:o}
Latest Forum Posts