Non-motoring > Pain Killers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 11

Pain Killers - MD
One for Lygonos perhaps!

I occasionally take Co-codomal 30/500 for knee pain and that can cause constipation. My question is simply this. The expiry date on the likes of the oral powders to ease the issue, how closely do they have to be adhered to.
 Pain Killers - CGNorwich
Give your pharmacy a call. They are the experts.
 Pain Killers - Lygonos
Professionally: don't use them past 'use by' date.

In reality: I expect they're good for a couple of years past it - loss of efficacy is more likely to be an issue over extended periods, rather than transformation into cyanide/sulphuric acid/Covid-19.

Personally: stump up and buy some 'in-date' ones ;-)
 Pain Killers - MD
Thank you Sire and a Happy Easter to you and yours.

And indeed the rest of you lot.
 Pain Killers - MD
Due to duty of care they'll not say different to whats on the packet.

Previously I have asked my GP about the same subject where creams etc. are involved and off of the record she said that one shouldn't take much notice of them. I just hate waste that's all.
 Pain Killers - Runfer D'Hills
Vodka numbs pain, and alcohol kills germs. What's not to like? Highly unlikely to go out of date either.
;-)
 Pain Killers - Zero
During the hand sanitiser crisis, I went to my local Asda, bout s amll bottle of their cheap own brand vodka, mixed it with some Aloe Vera gel we had around the house, and Bingo!!! Antibiotic Moisturiser.
 Pain Killers - tyrednemotional
...what did it taste like...?
 Pain Killers - Zero
Cheap Asda Tequila
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 10 Apr 20 at 12:51
 Pain Killers - tyrednemotional
....Where's LL when you need him...?

;-)
 Pain Killers - CGNorwich
Probably not a good idea.

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-using-hand-sanitizer-against-coronavirus/amp
 Pain Killers - Terry
You really need 70% alcohol content to kill viruses - vodka is a better drink than skin treatment.

I did order some isopropyl alcohol on ebay but I ended up with a refund not a delivery.

So whotsit being the mother of invention I realised that bio ethanol which is used for fires can be bought in liquid or gel form. 95% alcohol, the rest is water and unpleasant flavourings to put off alcohol dependants.

3 weeks ago B&Q locally had pallet loads of the stuff - I don't know about today as it is click and collect only.
Latest Forum Posts