Non-motoring > iphone help required Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 2

iphone help required - Skip
i deleted my i tunes account as i had a warning that it had been accessed from another device. I was not sure exactly what the implications of that was, but it didn't sound good. Fortunately i had already closed the account for the credit card that was registered on there, if that is was what they were after.
Anyway, i have opened a new account using a different email address (there was a reason for doing this), synced the phone to it and everything seems to be ok, apart from eveytime i try to update my apps, the window that appears asking you to confirm your password is showing the old email address and i cant find out what i need to do to change it. If i go into store from the settings menu it shows the new address.
Any ideas anyone ?

Andy
 iphone help required - Zero
If you have changed your account name and credit card, you cant update your apps. They were all bought* by the "old" you and are not transferable to the new "you" because you are someone else.

*for iphone apps bought includes those that are free.
 iphone help required - rtj70
If you wanted to change the email and password used to logon to iTunes you should have logged into iTunes and then gone to view account. The email address on the iPhone will be the one used to login to iTunes - it is sync'd to the phone.

Presumably if you've created a totally new account you've sync'd the iPhone using iTunes?
Latest Forum Posts