Non-motoring > Bicycle front suspension - gaiters. Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 6

Bicycle front suspension - gaiters. - FotheringtonTomas
The "rubber" gaiters on the front suspension have perished and cracked. Where can I get a new pair?
 Bicycle front suspension - gaiters or bellows. - FotheringtonTomas
Also called bellows...
 Bicycle front suspension - gaiters or bellows. - Bellboy
no need to shout
oh bellows.................
 Bicycle front suspension - gaiters or bellows. - Iffy
Aren't most bike fork gaiters only dust covers? They are not filled with grease.

Unless there are super-duper high end forks, or they are being used in a harsh environment, I don't suppose running without gaiters would do much harm.

Are they branded?

The cost of new gaiters might equal or exceed the cost of new forks.

Bicycle front suspension - gaiters or bellows. - Bigtee
From a bike shop i expect it to be a daft price maybe if you pop along to a car parts shop and get some for a steering rack they may fit and be cheaper.
 Bicycle front suspension - gaiters. - Bromptonaut
>> The "rubber" gaiters on the front suspension have perished and cracked. Where can I get
>> a new pair?

Well I'd try places like SJS, Wiggle or Spa Cycles. But it would not surprise me to find they're not easy to source and that adapting a car part is easier/cheaper.
 Bicycle front suspension - gaiters. - Fursty Ferret
Don't bother. If you look at high end bikes / forks, none of them have any rubber gaiters. Instead, there are fairly effective seals which keep the crap out of the fork. Unless it's a fairly high quality fork in the first place, running without the gaiters is unlikely to make its performance any worse.
Last edited by: Alfa Floor on Mon 6 Sep 10 at 23:35
Latest Forum Posts