Non-motoring > Fire Brigade open day Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Snakey Replies: 8

Fire Brigade open day - Snakey
Just a post to comment on how impressed I was visiting the Fire stations Open Day in Durham (Newton Hall) yesterday.

All of the rescue services (lifeboat,air ambulance, mountain,St Johns etc etc) were there and a few displays put on for visitors (rescue from building, crashed car etc) and lots of information and friendly advice.

10/10 for anyone involved in making it happen, my 6 year old daughter thought it was fantastic and now understands why I pester her all the time to make sure her seatbelt is on properly!
 Fire Brigade open day - Old Navy
I know the emergency services are busy shift workers, but this type of PR does more in "getting the message across" than a whole van load of pamphlets. Youngsters in particular will soak up information, and having a go of the sirens is great fun!
 Fire Brigade open day - Bellboy
i used to live next door to that fire station
just thought i would say that..............
>>i used to live next door to that fire station>>

Small world, I was there last Thursday, visiting friends on the way south.
 Fire Brigade open day - Zero
Took my lad to a couple of Firebrigade open days. The lad was most impressed by the noisy siren and cutting off the car roofs.

Nicole insisted on coming, she has a thing about men in uniform.

Mind I had a pleasant suprise, when the local yoof set fire to the bin by the phone box *again* an appliance lumbered up outside my door, and a very fit female watch comander slithered out of the passenger seat.

Fire Brigade open day - Iffy
...Open Day in Durham (Newton Hall)...

Strictly speaking, it's Finchale Road, Framwellgate Moor:

www.ddfra.co.uk/

I passed it last week on my way to the out-of-town shopping centre at Pity Me.

There's a fixed speed camera on Finchale Road which a friend of mine tested and found it was working satisfactorily. :)

My friends live near the Pity Me shopping center, my satnav sussed the camera. :) Not that I would have activated it of course. What is the interweb symbol for a halo?
 Fire Brigade open day - BiggerBadderDave
Bobby G would do well to visit a Fire Brigade Open Day.

I guess he's already on first name terms with them though.
 Fire Brigade open day - BobbyG
Why visit them when they can visit you???
Doesn't even cost you to phone them to make the appointment....
Latest Forum Posts