Non-motoring > April 1st gets earlier every year Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 4

April 1st gets earlier every year - VxFan
MPs are set to debate a petition calling for schools to start at 10:00 because "teenagers are too tired"

It reads: "Teenagers are so tired due to having to wake up very early to get to school"

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47138248

Wake up and get your ass out of bed, you lazy urchins.

What you gonna do when you gotta start getting up early for work for the next 'x' number of years?

April 1st gets earlier every year - Lygonos
Teenagers need more sleep than adults.

They should go to bed earlier not get up later though.
 April 1st gets earlier every year - sooty123
Wake up and get your ass out of bed, you lazy urchins.
>>

Exactly they should licked half a dozen roads clean by then!

>> What you gonna do when you gotta start getting up early for work for the next 'x' number of years?

Well they won't be teenagers by then ;)

Seriously, if it helps why not?
 April 1st gets earlier every year - Manatee
Since schools are already able to choose their own hours, there's no need to debate this.

I must say I never had any problems getting up in time for school, and I had to catch a bus to the next town. And it wasn't because I liked school, I detested it.

The best argument for doing it is probably to ease traffic at peak hours, but unless they moved it forward at least 3 hours it would just push the afternoon school traffic into the evening peak.

Truanting would probably increase too. Quite few wouldn't leave the house on time if their parents weren't there to shove them out.
 April 1st gets earlier every year - No FM2R
>>Quite few wouldn't leave the house on time if their parents weren't there to shove them out.

And how would working parents of younger children manage?
Latest Forum Posts