Non-motoring > alex salmond in court Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 13

alex salmond in court - sooty123
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46984747

He's facing some serious charges, the police have obviously been investigating for some time.
 alex salmond in court - Zero
I was really surprised by the extent and variety of the charges.
 alex salmond in court - Bromptonaut
>> I was really surprised by the extent and variety of the charges.

So was I. Whatever you think of the guy's politics I can't recall seeing a thing to even obliquely imply anything like this.

MAybe if I'd read Private Eye or similar I'd have got the vibes.
The number of charges does suggest multiple complainants.

His choice of words outside the court was interesting, 'innocent of criminality' perhaps his defence will be that they were willing participants? Or perhaps he's going for the Jeremy Corbyn defence?

>> Or perhaps he's going for the Jeremy Corbyn
>> defence?

Not sure the "I dont know what to do next" defence is very helpful.
 alex salmond in court - helicopter
Well I have a subscription to and read Private Eye from cover to cover and also was surprised at the extent of the charges.

I cannot recall anything other in PE than the same sort of coverage as the National newspapers. I think possibly that Salmond is possibly more litigous than most and this may have been a factor in PE coverage.

Surprised to note in Telegraph reporting that his wife is 17 years older than him, ie now 81 years old .
Last edited by: helicopter on Fri 25 Jan 19 at 10:29
 alex salmond in court - No FM2R
>>Well I have a subscription to and read Private Eye from cover to cover and also was surprised at the extent of the charges.

I just lost the PE habit in the 90s, mostly because of travel. How is it these days? Worth the effort?
 alex salmond in court - helicopter
Essential bedtime reading Mark.I am halfway through the current issue.Print is a bit small but maybe my eyesight is just bad.

Full of the sort of information that the Nationals dare not print exposing corruption and hypocrisy wherever it appears at local , national and international level interspersed with good laugh out loud cartoons and regular campaigns to save neglected buildings of merit.

SWMBO buys me and our son annual subscriptions as a Christmas present so £30 annual cost for 26 issues but the cover price is £2 every two weeks.

The current cover has a headline Car Crash Latest with the Queen saying to Philip at the wheel...
'Still at the wheel, refusing to apologise,learnt nothing, won't belt up.. and him replying

'She's your Prime Minister'.

alex salmond in court - smokie
Same here, but I also get bought the PE annual at Christmas. I'm sure there is different material in it as I don't recall much when reading it.

It's about the only paper thing I read these days.

There are also irregular podcasts which flesh out some of the stories. Here www.private-eye.co.uk/podcast
>> Not sure the "I dont know what to do next" defence is very helpful.

I was thinking more of 'i was present but not a participant' line.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 25 Jan 19 at 13:03

>>
>> I was thinking more of 'i was present but not a participant' line.

Ah, the new Labour Party manifesto.
 alex salmond in court - Bobby
The initial information to hit the press was about alleged complaints against him suggesting they were of a sexual nature. I wonder if this was done deliberately to see if there were other alleged victims who had not came forward.
 alex salmond in court - Lygonos
The complaints weren't alleged, they were complaints.

From his denying any criminality, presumably events occured and his view is they were not crimes.

Note the lack of 'I refute these absolute fabrications' type of response.
Last edited by: Lygonos on Sat 26 Jan 19 at 23:09
 alex salmond in court - Roger.
Salmond sounds a bit fishy to me.
Latest Forum Posts