Non-motoring > A radio clip Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 3

A radio clip - Zero
From yesterdays Robert Elms show on Radio London.

The prog was about toys you had as a kid, and this is two callers about their memories of kids toys.

It made me cry with laughter when I heard yesterday, and again today when they replayed it.

Listen to the end, the "addidas" trainers is hysterical.

www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06yck0m
 A radio clip - No FM2R
Made me laugh.
 A radio clip - John Boy
Yes, made me laugh too, but parts of it also gave me the pleasure of having to "translate" for my partner. She's from Coventry, but spent most of her life in Scotland. Whenever there's anything on TV, involving Scottish accents, I have to sit with my finger on the remote's Pause button so that she can keep filling me in on what's being said. I had to give up completely on the film "Sunshine on Leith" because we had to stop so often.

It also reminded me of being taken by my mother to Currys in the late forties to buy a toy boat. I had my eye on a clockwork motor cruiser which would float. I was gutted when we came out with a metal battleship, which had concealed wheels so it would look as if it was sailing across the floor. I didn't hide my disappointment, but it was all she could afford, so I felt really ashamed afterwards.
 Party - bathtub tom
I finally caught up with the Christmas special of this radio series. A wonderful half hour of non-pc radio comedy.
Latest Forum Posts