Non-motoring > Happy New Year Miscellaneous
Thread Author: helicopter Replies: 16

Happy New Year - helicopter
Could not resist posting the first 2019 thread with a Remy Martin in my mitt and Jules on the box.

Happy New Year - No FM2R
G&T in hand, some idiot Chilean version of the Chuckle Brothers on the box. Only less funny and more crass.

Happy New Year everyone.
 Happy New Year - VxFan
>> and Jules on the box.

I cannot stand him, nor his music. Instant channel change whenever he appears. Fortunately these days it's mainly only on New Years Eve that he surfaces.

I did watch Suggs though.

Happy New Year - smokie
Presuming Jools Holland, I think music lovers would not agree. Saw him a few years back at the Hexagon Reading, twas a fantastic night.

Anyway - Happy New Year one and all!!
 Happy New Year - Bobby
Happy New Year to you all

Started off the night on Tennents Lager, moved on to Gin n Tonics and finished off with a few baby Guinness!
 Happy New Year - Zero
Tennents Lager? jeez do they still brew that Pish? Dont tell me its still got pictures of bikini clad women over the tins?
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 1 Jan 19 at 09:12
 Happy New Year - Dog
Every perfect pint of Tennent’s Lager contains only 100% Scottish barley, the finest hops and the freshest water from Loch Katrine – which, handily, gets topped up by the 'glorious' Scottish rain.
Have to say that SWMBO and I had shared a bottle of Veuve Cliquot before I moved onto the Remy....

Jules is great live VX...his programme last night was filled with an eclectic but perfect mix of musicians from all sides of the business Michael Buble, George Ezra, Marc Almond and a stonking Brass band from New Orleans amongst others I cannot remember in my alcoholic haze.

Happy New Year all.
Last edited by: helicopter on Tue 1 Jan 19 at 10:55
 Happy New Year - sooty123
I don't like him either, there's something smug and smarmy about him. Not someone I could sit and watch.
 Happy New Year - CGNorwich
Which well respected and talented musician would you like to see presenting a wide spectrum of musical acts live would you prefer then?

I can't think of anyone who would do that job better. you
For the doubters...just have an open mind,watch and enjoy...
youtu.be/_A1VAsl_4TY
>> Which well respected and talented musician would you like to see presenting a wide spectrum
>> of musical acts live would you prefer then?
>>
>> I can't think of anyone who would do that job better. you
>>

It's just my opinion, but if you enjoy him, knock yourself out.
 Happy New Year - CGNorwich
Yes i know its just your opinion. Just curious as to who in your opinion would be a better presenter of a live music program than Jools Holland. Seems a a reasonable topic for discussion.

Happy New Year - VxFan
>> there's something smug and smarmy about him.

That's exactly why I don't like him.
 Happy New Year - Bobby
Must have been a good night when you come on here to wish everyone a happy new year and realise that someone sharing your name did this at 3 o’clock this morning....
Sure those cans of Tennants weren't super strength? ;-)
Last edited by: sooty123 on Tue 1 Jan 19 at 14:35
 Happy New Year - Dog
I wonder how many Elephants they had down the Elephant last night?

www.thisdrinkinglife.com/carlsberg-elephant-beer/
Latest Forum Posts