Non-motoring > Prize promise? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 6

Prize promise? - Rudedog
Got dragged to a charity quiz night yesterday, 300+ people were there at £10 per head, apparently it's been running for over 20 years and one of the long running rounds is called the 'Millionaires quiz', it consists of 15 very difficult questions...

As an introduction to the round the compere announces it as "as a change to win a million" if all questions are answered correctly (no body has got close in the 22 years).

Last night one table got 14 right!!!

Question.... if they had got all 15 would they be millionaires??
 Prize promise? - sooty123
It's a charity? I doubt they've a million pounds sitting about.

Did you ask them ?
 Prize promise? - Manatee
It is possible to insure things like this, although perhaps not for something as informal and uncontrolled as a quiz. Maybe they have a rich and generous sponsor.
 Prize promise? - Rudedog
Believe me my table are rubbish at quizzes (... we came 2nd to last!)

I took it as a way of getting everybody awake but you never know these days if someone would take it seriously.
 Prize promise? - R.P.
We've been going a few times recently as a team of four. Lots of fun. The one we go to is heavily subscribed and we came second a couple of times. The pub does it entirely for charity - all profits go to www.lovehopestrength.co.uk/ - Mike Peters is the front man of The Alarm and lives locally and is an all round good egg. Very enjoyable it is as well (Most we've won is a £25.00 beer voucher) - I think they donated £1400 or so to the fund.
 Prize promise? - legacylad
Friends of mine had, and still have, a manufacturing business employing 90 shop floor staff. They have an insurance policy linked to their companies bottom line just in case their workers lottery syndicate wins big time. It would take several months to get a new workforce of trained machinists.
 Prize promise? - Falkirk Bairn
>>It would take several months to get a new workforce of trained machinists.

What do they make? & what is special about their product? - all the clothes factories/engineering workshops around my area closed.

When I say there are no factories - above a local co-op there is a woman who makes "kilts" for wee girls (under 5s) Not real kilts but a bodice attached to a plaid pattern skirt - a staff of roughly 5. 30 years ago sewing factories employed thousands but that work went Eastern Europe, North Africa, India & Far East
Latest Forum Posts