Non-motoring > Daily additions to my driveway Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 10

Daily additions to my driveway - Bobby
I am sure this has been discussed before but not quite sure what search words to use!

Anyway, I have a driveway of red stones. Every morning now we seem to have additional deposits from an unknown animal of an unknown species being left.

as a former dog owner, pretty sure its not a dog's product!

Any ideas how to prevent this, is it a scent thing / marker or whatever?
 Daily additions to my driveway - bathtub tom
I'm having a similar problem with my lawn. I've been told a near neighbour has five or six cats.
I've cut up citrus peel and scattered it around the area, that's had limited success. That's OK on a lawn as it biodegrades, but wouldn't look so good on a drive.
I'm currently collecting my urine and using a watering can to 'mark' my boundary, again with limited success.
I'm considering an electric fence.
 Daily additions to my driveway - Boxsterboy
>> I'm having a similar problem with my lawn. I've been told a near neighbour has
>> five or six cats.
>> I've cut up citrus peel and scattered it around the area, that's had limited success.
>> That's OK on a lawn as it biodegrades, but wouldn't look so good on a
>> drive.
>> I'm currently collecting my urine and using a watering can to 'mark' my boundary, again
>> with limited success.
>> I'm considering an electric fence.
>>

Cats tend to bury their faeces. My money would be on a fox, especially if it stinks!
 Daily additions to my driveway - bathtub tom
>>Cats tend to bury their faeces. My money would be on a fox, especially if it stinks!

Not these cats, I've seen them squatting in my garden!

Forgot to add they used to leave their deposits on a gravel path, but a Jeyes fluid solution stopped that. May be a more practical way of stopping them from doing it on a driveway.
 Daily additions to my driveway - CGNorwich
It’s migrating wildebeest. They begin their mighty trek this time of the year.
 Daily additions to my driveway - tyrednemotional
>> It’s migrating wildebeest. They begin their mighty trek this time of the year.
>>

....really; that's gnus to me........

;-)
 Daily additions to my driveway - CGNorwich

>>
>> ....really; that's gnus to me........
>>
Surely you saw the feature about it they did on Gnusnight?
 Daily additions to my driveway - commerdriver
>> >> ....really; that's gnus to me........
>> >>
>> Surely you saw the feature about it they did on Gnusnight?
>>
That was about a gnother gnu
 Daily additions to my driveway - Dog
Get one of these and no other animal or biped will come near: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauceron
 Daily additions to my driveway - Rudedog
Fox or badger, we have badgers at the back of my garden and they cause havoc with the lawn and plant pots digging for grubs... they usually leave a very squidgy dropping often undetectable in leaves until you've trodden in it!
 Daily additions to my driveway - MD
As above.
Latest Forum Posts