Non-motoring > BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 10

BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001qjp

Radio Gold. Can't wait to listen to this.
 BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. - Bromptonaut
>> www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001qjp
>>
>> Radio Gold. Can't wait to listen to this.

Heard a trailer this morning and thought same.

There's also a programme at 20:00 on Sunday marking 50th anniversary of Apollo 8; first manned circumnavigation of moon.

Subject for another thread but I have clear memory of Mrs B and I on a very early date looking at the moon from window of a pub in The Strand and sharing childhood memories of the moon missions.
 BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. - Zero
Does he actually explain what American Pie means?
 BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. - zippy
Saw Don Mclean in concert in the summer.

Very good he was too. Did his hits, chatted about them, played some of the songs from other artists that he liked or had influenced him.

Well worth seeing.
 BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. - Bromptonaut
>> Saw Don Mclean in concert in the summer.
>>
>> Very good he was too. Did his hits, chatted about them

Saw The Seekers at Royal Albert Hall in 2014. Similar thing; played their stuff and talked audience through anecdotes around their history as Australia's first super group.

Three guys and a woman all pushing/past 70 with no support kept audience enthralled for 3 hours.

And talking of older musicians I saw Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds live in Liverpool last week.

One of the guitar/bass players in the band was clearly greeted by others as one of music's elder statesmen.

Turned out he was Herbie Flowers of Blue Mink, T Rex and Sky - going strong at 80. His partner in crime on guitar was Chris Spedding, mostly a session musician but older readers might recall his hit 'Motor Biking'
 BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. - helicopter
Loved Sky ...went to see them several times live in the 70's and 80's and their version of Toccata and Fugue is probably the reason I now have hearing problems,

John Williams, Francis Monkman , Tristan Fry , Kevin Peek and of course Tristan Fry on Bass guitar and tuba.

He used to( maybe still does ) live in Ditchling near Brighton and I had not realised he was still alive and gigging.

I still have my Sky LP's somewhere in the attic .
youtu.be/yt4ieZrcZsY

Check them out...turn the volume up...
...and of course..HERBIE FLOWERS on bass and tuba..Senior moment!
 BBC Radio 4 Master Tapes - new series. - Fenlander
I'm probably behind the curve on this one compared with some here but looking around from the OP's link found this and now working my way through...

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04sy3f3/episodes/player

Excellent.
I saw them live as well - in a Cathedral - superb acoustics. Im was quite young.
Thanks - another bookmark for me Fenlander.
Latest Forum Posts