Non-motoring > Christmas presents Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 12

Christmas presents - legacylad
I’ve never been one to spend much on presents. £50 more than covers my total expense at Christmas, and that includes eating out on Christmas Day for the first time ever this year....£20 at the local curry house with a group of friends.
One of my ex’s sent me a card with a very original present. Two vouchers for fish & chips. A great present that won’t go to waste. Sit down fish n chips, with tea, bread & butter, mushy peas costs £5.20. Who’s a lucky boy?
 Christmas presents - bathtub tom
We've a 'naff' present policy. Everyone buys a 'naff' present, costing less than a fiver. They are all put in a bucket with a ribbon attached to each. Each person pulls a ribbon, other than their own.
The best one I ever found was a pair of gloves with flashing LEDs built into the fingertips - everyone wanted a pair and SWMBO made me go and buy another pair for her!

Similar to the royal family I believe.
Last edited by: bathtub tom on Thu 6 Dec 18 at 22:49
 Christmas presents - zippy
I love giving gifts at Christmas!

Built a customised Advent calendar for Mrs Z and filled it with 8 Pandora charms, a bottle of perfume, make up like mascara and lipstick from her favourite brands, bath bombs etc.

Expensive, but she's worth it.
I think that’s really nice zippy. Possibly because I had my own retail businesses, after working 7 day weeks from early November, finishing at 10 pm on Xmas Eve and spending Boxing Day in the warehouse, I was rather jaded. Good job I really enjoyed my job. My ex’s worked just as hard and our only presents were a half decent bottle of wine to one another. Which was probably already in the fridge!
And I would always treat myself to a weeks skiing in January when it was bitterly cold and the slopes weren’t crowded, so I suppose that was a belated present.
This year I’ve posted one card, and given out 3 more. No wonder my shares in CARD aren’t doing very well.
Bah humbug indeed
 Christmas presents - Ambo
Mrs. Ambo's Christmas card mailing list is over 80 addresses long. The postage is appalling and it seems emails just won't do, neither charity-giving as a more worthy alternative. I only know a dozen or so of the addressees and would only regard half of those as addressable. I would like to add a message to each card: "We shall not be sending any cards as from next year but shall spend the money on wine instead".

Happy Christmas, by the way.
 Christmas presents - MD
Bah Humbug to the lot of it.
80 cards. Ye Gods. I’d be really worried if it got anywhere near double figures. I get on really well with neighbours all around where I live but have never even considered sending them a card. Chatting in the street is far more amicable. Only one friend ( Yes ONE) gets a card, and we’ve been best mates since we were 5yo. Daren’t stop now!
 Christmas presents - sherlock47
"Built a customised Advent calendar for Mrs Z and filled it with 8 Pandora charms, a bottle of perfume, make up like mascara and lipstick from her favourite brands, bath bombs etc."

meanwhile the husband is out playing with trains? :)
 Christmas presents - Zero
>> "Built a customised Advent calendar for Mrs Z and filled it with 8 Pandora charms,
>> a bottle of perfume, make up like mascara and lipstick from her favourite brands, bath
>> bombs etc."
>>
>> meanwhile the husband is out playing with trains? :)

You have the wrong Mr Z i think

My mrs Z did however get a pearl pandora charm for her bracelet presented to her in Venice on her 30th Wedding anniversary.

Its not the gift, its the how where and why!
 Christmas presents - tyrednemotional
>> My mrs Z did however get a pearl pandora charm for her bracelet presented to
>> her in Venice on her 30th Wedding anniversary.

........whilst you were out out playing with trains?
>>
>> Its not the gift, its the how where and why...
>>

.....and who! :)
 Christmas presents - Ambo
We have had excellent service from our refuse collection system for over four decades. Yesterday, in an uncharacteristic fit of seasonal goodwill, I left a pack of Special Brew on the bins for our gallant garbage crew, causing great excitement and thumbs up.
 Christmas presents - Cliff Pope
Apparently years ago Boxing Day was the day when tradesmen gave us presents, thanking us for our custom during the year.

Also, I've just read, the correct day for giving presents is Epiphany, 6th January, when the wise men came to acclaim Jesus and brought the famous gifts.
Now we celebrate it by taking all the decorations down.
 Christmas presents - MD
HER wedding anniversary!
Latest Forum Posts