Non-motoring > Wireless Headphones Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 11

Wireless Headphones - Clk Sec
Mrs CS is hoping to replace her current, rather uncomfortable, headphones. She's looking for decent quality and comfort, but as they'll only be used while watching the telly, not a load of bells and whistles.

Recommendations much appreciated.
 Wireless Headphones - legacylad
My recommendation would be the Bose Quiet Comfort 35. I bought an earlier reconditioned model, wired version some 10 years ago from a Bose store overseas. They still cost a small fortune, but on my regular long haul flights I can wear them for 10 hours plus without any discomfort. Worth every penny to me.
I think Zeddo also has a pair
 Wireless Headphones - Zero
Yes I have a pair of Bose Quite Comfort, the wired version. I use them to sleep on aeroplanes, very comfortable indeed, ruinously expensive but worth it. You would need a bluetooth dongle for the tele if you are going wireless.

I would take her to your nearest large JLP, they have a good choice to try on.

Wireless Headphones - R.P.
I've a pair of Sony Bluetooth 'phones for the telly. They do a good job for me (the purchase was inspired by a pair of Sony wired phones which are superb)
www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ZX330BT-Bluetooth-Headphones-Connectivity-Black/dp/B00U5WV250

These have NFC tech...! (Wow ;-) )
 Wireless Headphones - VxFan
>> I would take her to your nearest large JLP, they have a good choice to try on.

Presumably they're cleaned after each customer has tried them?
 Wireless Headphones - Zero
>> >> I would take her to your nearest large JLP, they have a good choice
>> to try on.
>>
>> Presumably they're cleaned after each customer has tried them?

No need, JLP is not full of nitty haired Asda people.
 Wireless Headphones - Crankcase
>> You would need
>> a bluetooth dongle for the tele if you are going wireless.
>>

I've not done this so on the edge of my knowledge, but I looked at using a Bluetooth dongle both for the TV and a musical keyboard, and came across apparent issues with some of them having significant lag (according to Amazon reviews). Which in both my use cases would be hopeless.

There's probably some kind of "make sure it all understands codec Blibbyblob14D and you'll be fine" or some such nonsense to look for, but I lost interest in the idea before buying anything.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 3 Dec 18 at 12:41
 Wireless Headphones - CGNorwich
www.richersounds.com/mee-audio-tv-bluetooth-transmitter.html

Got one of these. Works great No discernible lag and together with my Bose wireless headphone does the job perfectly.
 Wireless Headphones - Dulwich Estate II
Myself and her indoors have invested in two pairs of Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii noise cancelling headphones - the wireless ones. They come with a wire too for using on the aeroplane.

Absolutely blooming fantastic, particularly on long haul flights where the engine noise is reduced to pretty much zero and you can properly hear the entertainment system. They make economy class bearable.

At home using bluetooth they are excellent too and I wouldn't be without them.

The down side is that they are the best part of £300 a pair.
 Wireless Headphones - CGNorwich
Yes that is what We have. Brilliant on flights but I use them a lot at home too. Yes pricey but one of my more used bits of tech.
 Wireless Headphones - Clk Sec
I think we'll go for the JLP suggestion, so that she can try some out for herself.

Thanks, Zero, and others. Most helpful.
 Wireless Headphones - legacylad
Bose should be paying us commission for all the recommendations on here. I think my reconditioned QC15 model cost me the thick end of $200 ten years ago
Latest Forum Posts