Non-motoring > Wotsits! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 18

Wotsits! - VxFan
Haven't had any for ages. Found some in the back of the cupboard, still in date (just).

For their claim that they're a "really cheesy" snack, they don't half taste salty.
 Wotsits! - No FM2R
Can't get them in Chile.

Nor kebabs.
 Wotsits! - Zero
Got some Twinkies in the cupboard. A good example of gourmet America at its finest, the contents list contains more chemicals than you will find in the labs at Porton Down, a confection thats tastes positively man made and bad for you.
 Wotsits! - Stuartli
Don't miss out on these:

tinyurl.com/y79dqcqu
 Jellyactrics - henry k
www.amazon.co.uk/Jellyatrics-Babies-Novelty-Retirement-Birthday/dp/B079FZSHNN
 Jellyactrics - smokie
"Currently unavailable.
"We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
 Jellyactrics - henry k
>> "Currently unavailable.
>> "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
>>
Fleabay has them but only for rich retirees :-)
 Jellyactrics - Lygonos
Money laundering or simply nonsense?

www.ebay.co.uk/i/183182034468?chn=ps

(Ultra rare Cheeto)
 Wotsits! - Stuartli
>>For their claim that they're a "really cheesy" snack, they don't half taste salty.>>

Better best avoid Nobby's Nuts or Cheesy Moments (now Cheesy Moment) then...:-)
Last edited by: Stuartli on Thu 22 Nov 18 at 20:35
 Wotsits! - Haywain
"Better best avoid Nobby's Nuts or Cheesy Moments"

Are these, or any of the products mentioned so far on this thread any worse for you than, say, toast and drippin'?
 Wotsits! - CGNorwich
Does anyone still eat dripping?
 Wotsits! - No FM2R
Not from.choice.

I cannot imagine how I liked it as a boy.
 Wotsits! - sooty123
Yes, still sold in a few places where I grew up, better known as mucky fat. I remember growing up people eating a mucky fat sandwich.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Fri 23 Nov 18 at 04:50
 Wotsits! - VxFan
>> I remember growing up people eating a mucky fat sandwich.

tinyurl.com/yad5kfws
 Wotsits! - Dog
Yuk! .. my 5 sibs used to eat it which is possibly why 3 ovvem are brown bread and the other 2 have 1.5 legs in boot hill.
 Wotsits! - Pat
Yes, and the jelly from underneath beef dripping is delicious on hot toast too.

Pat
 Wotsits! - Pat
Oh dear, the phantom frownie man is back again, I do hope it makes you happy to click on that:)

Just a thought, those were the days when a joint of beef was affordable for Sunday dinner (1pm) and then we had a 'thumbit' off it for Sunday tea. This was a chunk cut off the joint with my Dad's penknife and was eaten with homemade crusty bread and raw onion.

On Monday the leftovers provided a cold meat dinner and on Tuesday anything left was minced up, with a mincer bolted to the kitchen table, and an onion and some bread, depending on how much there was left.

The dripping and jelly provided breakfast for at least 2 days, sometimes 3 days.

We were healthy, not overweight, we were happy and satisfied with our lot.

If the beef lasted until Wednesday we weren't even broke so frownie or not, it worked for those of us who managed to survive the post-war years.

Mucky fat it may, be but not half as mucky as that in the fryers in KFC, Maccy D's and the local Kebab shop.

Then, of course, I could tell you about Bread and hot milk for tea...........but I'll spare you that.:)

Pat

Wotsits! - Zero

>> We were healthy, not overweight, we were happy and satisfied with our lot.

Until we died, which we did at a much earlier age than we do now.
 Wotsits! - Pat
I'm 72 and still working and still here, hope you will be too!

Pat
Latest Forum Posts