Non-motoring > Join the queue, Zeddo Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 6

Join the queue, Zeddo - tyrednemotional
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/13/flying-scotsman-becomes-high-speed-resting-place-saviour/

...though I'm not suggesting just yet (after all, Alan had to wait)
 Join the queue, Zeddo - sherlock47
Why bother with an initial cremation? Just get the fireman to put a bit of effort in :) There are probably enough gricers willing to finance the maintenance of the train by up front cremation payments.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Mon 15 Oct 18 at 16:46
 Join the queue, Zeddo - helicopter
Letter in the Telegraph today from Judy Lady McAlpine.

Her husband Sir William was the 'true rescuer of the Flying Scotsman' when Alan Pegler realised he could not make money from it, let the engine deteriorate and when he ran out of money. the engine was seized by creditors.

Sir William was the one who paid them off , had her overhauled and ran her for 23 years.
Last edited by: helicopter on Mon 15 Oct 18 at 17:15
 Join the queue, Zeddo - Zero
>> Letter in the Telegraph today from Judy Lady McAlpine.
>>
>> Her husband Sir William was the 'true rescuer of the Flying Scotsman' when Alan Pegler
>> realised he could not make money from it, let the engine deteriorate and when he
>> ran out of money. the engine was seized by creditors.
>>
>> Sir William was the one who paid them off , had her overhauled and
>> ran her for 23 years.
>>

The true rescuers of the FS is you and I the tax payer, to the Tune of 10 million of our pounds
 Join the queue, Zeddo - tyrednemotional
...I think Flying Scotsman has had more rescuers than Trigger's broom has had new heads and handles.

A number of people have fairly valid claims over the years, but, if one believes that BR would have carried out their professed intention to scrap it at the point where Pegler bought it, then if the latter hadn't happened, all subsequent claims would have been null and void.

;-)
Anyway. My ashes are going into the boiler of 4-6-2 Pacific BR Standard Class 7 70000 "Britannia"

My old man drove it, I've driven it, so I don't see why the family genes cant clog it up as well

>> Sir William was the one who paid them off , had her overhauled and
>> ran her for 23 years.

www.ukrailtours.com/product/the-scotsmans-salute/
Latest Forum Posts