Non-motoring > Explain Amazon's Logic.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 10

Explain Amazon's Logic.... - rtj70
I ordered a new rear bike like from Amazon earlier for my wife's bike. Amazon has since suggested because I bought that I might want one of these:

tinyurl.com/yal2utt2

A Wolfcraft 4640000 Dowel Master - 6, 8 and 10 mm dowel pins. A jib for drilling holes for dowel. How do they think I was going to attach a bike light??!?!
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - zippy
Well if you don't know!.....

:-)

Perhaps they were imagining the bike is one of these:

www.conranshop.co.uk/materia-road-sport-tempo-105.html?pdg=pla-597419524552:kwd-597419524552:cmp-747713423:adg-40742672322:crv-176355106453:pid-1203059:dev-c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm5H5qPX53QIVBrvtCh2rWwQ3EAQYASABEgK58PD_BwE

or these

www.allmamaschildren.com/products/neo-wooden-balance-bike-by-kids-concept?variant=44587448586
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - Lygonos
Same reason car4play is trying to hawk me Plus Size Lingerie from SuperSavingUK.com?

"Elegant Sexy Corsets, Babydolls, Teddy,
Bodystockings, Vinyl, Bra sets and more"
Last edited by: Lygonos on Tue 9 Oct 18 at 18:52
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - rtj70
This was not just an add on the page. It said because you bought this we thought you might like one of these.... or words to that effect.

I saw a nice wooden bike in Greece last week. A modern bike with the frame, handle bars, etc. made out of some type of hardwood. And it was an adult sized bike. With pedals. Not one of these but you get the idea:

www.coco-mat.com/store/pa_en/wooden-bike-coco-mat
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 9 Oct 18 at 19:28
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - Zero
>> Same reason car4play is trying to hawk me Plus Size Lingerie from SuperSavingUK.com?
>>
>>
>>
>> "Elegant Sexy Corsets, Babydolls, Teddy,
>> Bodystockings, Vinyl, Bra sets and more"

Adds are served based on your browsing history, being a bloke I assume you are plus sized.....
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 9 Oct 18 at 19:39
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - Lygonos

>>Ads are served based on your browsing history, being a bloke I assume you are plus sized.....

I am a svelte BMI 24, and I don't want a motability Skoda Karoq, or a Gatsby flat cap either.
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - tyrednemotional
I'm trying to work out what minority profile a disabled, cross-dressing fashion-victim falls into....

Never mind, if the medical work falls off, I'm sure there'll always be a space for you at the BBC....

;-)
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Adds are served based on your browsing history,
>>

I must have forgotten that what I really wanted for Christmas was an industrial-size prefabricated building.
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - Zero

>> I must have forgotten that what I really wanted for Christmas was an industrial-size prefabricated
>> building.

I got a link to someone selling shipping containers delivered to my door. What I found interesting is that there about 30k "one use" shipping containers are arriving in the UK every year, That is a container load of stuff, with no subsequent reuse of the container. A quick link from that page took me to a company that will buy a container for you, ship it to where you want, and provide you with a kit and plans to turn it into a dwelling.

Explain Amazon's Logic.... - sooty123
That's an awful lot of ISO containers stacking up. They can't all be turned into housing. Cheap storage if you want want one i suppose.
 Explain Amazon's Logic.... - zippy
>>Cheap storage.

We had the need to put some stuff in to storage recently and there was a choice of suppliers locally. Some were "containerised" solutions. These were around a decent security controlled site with the containers subdivided in to smaller units for individual renting. They were dark and dingy with a sizable lip that made access difficult.

For about £10 more a month a local independent storage firm had a converted industrial estate unit that was well lit, very clean and tidy with superb security down to the alarm going off if individual units were opened without the correct log in procedures at the front door.
Latest Forum Posts