Non-motoring > One for Zero. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 5

One for Zero. - Old Navy

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6243553/Trainspotters-photo-Flying-Scotman-ruined-passing-diesel-locomotive.html
 One for Zero. - Manatee
Well it was a shame, but he would have done slightly better had he turned his phone through 90 degrees. Why do people do that?
 One for Zero. - Bromptonaut
If the train going other way was late or unplanned he was unlucky. Same if steamer was late.

I suspect Zero would have looked at timetable before choosing his spot to minimise such risks.
 One for Zero. - tyrednemotional
ISTR Z has posted link(s) to his own similar experience(s).
 One for Zero. - Zero
Yes I use timetables, and live running data, and experience of whats likely to happen. Problem is, on a steam special the only times that matter to Network Rail, is the time it leaves and the time it arrives. In-between the schedule will differ by up to 20 minutes as its shuffled in and out of service trains, who's spot times do matter.

Yes I've been "bowled" once or twice, but sometimes (mostly actually) getting another train into the shot adds to the drama and the anachronism of modern and heritage traction on a busy live railway

Like this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2d5yHoPHw

Even more apt, as its 1930's LNER livery, and 2018 LNER*

*Virgin East Coast handed back the franchise, and its now renamed LNER

One for Zero. - Ateca chris
www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/hundreds-left-disappointed-obscured-flying-2081066

It's happened again
Latest Forum Posts