Non-motoring > Weather Forecasts Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Perky Penguin Replies: 24

Weather Forecasts - Perky Penguin
I don't know how much credence any of us put on the Beeb's forecasts and the lovely big topped Carol who appears durring the Breakfast news but I have found this US site quite good, they have a UK & Ireland section, and offer forecasts for the next 15 days (Optimists!)

www.accuweather.com.

Could be useful - maybe not!
 Weather Forecasts - Dog
The Arthur Itis index is a new one on me,
I usually use the Beeb's site for whether the weather is ok, but I'll bookmark this site and cee' how it compares.
 Weather Forecasts - Tooslow
A weather man, someone senior in their professional organisation, recommended www.weatheronline.co.uk/

If you look at their sample subscription service, note how they put a probability against the forecast. Very sensible.

JH
 Weather Forecasts - Marc
I use this site. You can enter your town and then bookmark it for a rolling seven day forecast :

www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/weather.html
Thanks for the extra inputs! A grizzled local told me this morning that it is going to be a dreadful winter, don't know whether he meant, temperature, snow or both! He based this on the fact there were berries on the holly before the wheat was harvested and house martins had already gone/migrated, weeks earlier than usual. As they say in North Wales - If you can see Snowdon it is going to rain and if you can't it is raining!
 Weather Forecasts - R.P.
Funnily enough - I am at this precise time lying on the sofa looking out of the front window on a classic summer's evening, Snowdon is about 4 miles away and its summit is shrouded in low cloud...
My sister is watching it from 20 miles South - near Harlech. Hope your camping and motorcycling is going well! You are on a sofa! How does that fit into a tent? I thought you were camping!!
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Sun 29 Aug 10 at 20:25
 Weather Forecasts - R.P.
Oh been back a week - that particular dare has been done !
 Weather Forecasts - FotheringtonTomas
Metcheck.com
 Weather Forecasts - Zero
Thas really funny, I mentioned the other day to someone that all the martins seem to have suddenly sodded off elsewhere far earler than normal.
Well our swallows are still around. One sat one a hose reel a few feet away from me yesterday.

It does feel like autumn though.

JH
Last edited by: Tooslow on Sun 29 Aug 10 at 20:44
 Weather Forecasts - Marc
This year's swallows vacated the permanent nest in the eaves of my garage just recently. Replaced the gravel beneath the nest yesterday. No more regular muck on the cars in the driveway for the rest of the year now.

Feels like autumn here in Berks - chilly at night and windy.
 Weather Forecasts - Runfer D'Hills
I think tomorrow may be my last shorts day this year. I've persevered with them this weekend but it really has been too drafty in truth and I've started to miss socks. Never mind, conkers soon.....
 Weather Forecasts - BiggerBadderDave
"I think tomorrow may be my last shorts day this year."

I'm a 365 days of the year shorts man. Never wear troozers in the house.

I don't wear them out of the house though, that's uncivilised.
Last edited by: BiggerBadderDave on Sun 29 Aug 10 at 22:27
 Weather Forecasts - Robin O'Reliant
>> I think tomorrow may be my last shorts day this year.
>>
One of our postmen wears shorts all year round, and that included going right through the snow we had earlier in the year. He reckons that you get used to the cold and wet legs are preferable to wet trousers.
 Weather Forecasts - ....
>> Feels like autumn here in Berks - chilly at night and windy.
>>
I thought that myself today. I was out checking the tyre pressures whilst wearing shorts and thought it a little chilly. Already thinking about when to put the winter wheels on and it's still (just) August !
Zero where are you in UK? I am East Midlands near Stamford Lincs. It may be interesting to look back at this thread in December! Marc - did your swallows leave early do you think?
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Sun 29 Aug 10 at 22:08
 Weather Forecasts - Zero
I am in Surrey where the migratory birds appear to have left last week BUt iwas in the east midlands near stamford when I first noticed it.
 Weather Forecasts - Bellboy
swallows left here this week
i always get about 100 of them on the telegraph line outside for a few hours
this year they were sat on it in dribs and drabs every day of the week
and yes i too think theyve gone earlier this year as my sunflowers arent out yet (i always sow rthese late mind)
 Weather Forecasts - Marc
Compared with previous years I think yes, they have left a few weeks earlier.
3 degrees last night! There'll be glaciers coming down from the North by Christmas at this rate.

That's the price of a fabulous sunny day with barely a cloud to be seen I guess.

JH
Last edited by: Tooslow on Tue 31 Aug 10 at 12:15
 Weather Forecasts - Zero
>> 3 degrees last night!

We had the temptations and the four tops last night.
Lucky you, Charlie turned up at our place :-(

JH
 Weather Forecasts - Pat
I turned the central heating on:(

Pat
I hate it when the central heating kicks in for the first time in the year. So much so that it's deliberately set to "off". With the price of oil what it is it will stay that way for some time!

JH
Latest Forum Posts