Non-motoring > Replacing door lock Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 6

Replacing door lock - Bobby
I have a UPVC door with Yale type key lock built into the brass door handles. Door is ten years old.
Lock is Wink Haus.

Lock is proving temprenental and now you can only take the key out when it is locked so it’s time to try and replace it.

Never done this before and don’t want to dismantle current lock in case I can’t get it back together and leave myself with no lock.

How do I go about getting a replacement? I would imagine there will be hundreds of variations?

Replacing door lock - Zero
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GACp-s6Zs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9A915L_mlk
Cheers
 Replacing door lock - Ambo
I expect you have checked your house insurance for the kind of locks it specifies.
 Replacing door lock - Fullchat
With mortice locks you could buy 3 and the dearer 5 lever locks which insurance companies specified. Is there a choice with those UPVC door cylinder locks?

Never realised you could buy the complete locking system from top to bottom for a UPVC door aftermarket.
Didnt't realise how easy it would be to change the lock - one screw and its out (oo er missus)

Have ordered a high security one with the extra keys I needed online.

(Not delivered to my own address before anyone asks)
 Replacing door lock - rtj70
Hope you got one that is not prone to being compromised by breaking it in half by hitting it with say a hammer. More expensive ones are designed to break but remain locked.
Latest Forum Posts