Non-motoring > Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. Car Deals
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 33

Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - No FM2R
Oh thank the Lord.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45394576
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - R.P.
I thought I was in a minority of one. Dreadful shouty person - even his resignation note is about himself. He managed to ruin Top Gear as well. His talents lie elsewhere.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - VxFan
>> I thought I was in a minority of one.

Nope, I can't stand him either.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - Duncan
I don't know why you get so wound up about him.

I don't like his style, so when he is on, I am off. That's it, all done.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - No FM2R
Because the PVR in the car would play me the Radio 2 Breakfast show for my school run. But I haven't been able to listen to it for years because of the shouty idiot.

The Radio 2 schedule at the moment;

Vanessa Feltz
Chris Evans
Ken Bruce
Jeremy Vine
Steve Wright
Jo Whiley & Simon May

Words fail me, what a pile of shouty, mindless dross.

Ken Bruce is ok for the mid morning.

Simon Mayo was quite good until they shoe-horned an unwanted Jo Whiley into the slot.

In my opinion R2's listening figures are more a reflection of the quality of R1, then of R2.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - Zero
>> The Radio 2 schedule at the moment;
>>
>> Vanessa Feltz
>> Chris Evans
>> Ken Bruce
>> Jeremy Vine
>> Steve Wright
>> Jo Whiley & Simon May

>> Simon Mayo was quite good until they shoe-horned an unwanted Jo Whiley into the slot.

Agree Entirely, Starts really badly with that ignorant self centred hysterical shouty paranoid Vanessa Fatz, and goes down hill rapidly,

I'd love to shove a factoid or three up Wrights bumhole,

Simon Mayo was a blessed relief, why did they push Jo Whiley into place? wrecked the show.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 3 Sep 18 at 14:59
Quite right Mark, my thoughts exactly. The car's radio may be tuned to R2 by default when I go to work. Shouty gets kicked off (also by default) Ken Bruce is the only person worth listening to on R2 in the daytime these days. JV is awful, Steve Wright needs to be pensioned off (Serious Jockying...what's that about) and Drive time is no longer the tea time pleasure it once was.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - Crankcase
Can't say as I've ever listened to radio 2, but I am interested in how others manage to listen to music while driving. I've never had the kind of brain that can have any music at all if doing anything else. Indeed, I was just reading the paper here in this holiday cottage and someone has turned on the radio in the kitchen. That's it, I can't now read the paper. Brain just loses concentration on both reading and music.

When doing exams it was always said that something was good music to revise to. Not for me it wasn't, no chance at all.

Can't do driving with any music. Bad enough when people talk. Does anyone recognise anything in this for themselves, even a slightly reduced driving concentration perhaps?

Probably just me and my special ways.

Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - Bromptonaut
>> Can't do driving with any music. Bad enough when people talk.

In last 10 minutes I've got in from driving home, mostly on my own as Mrs B had to go by train to London yesterday, after my daughter's wedding in Torpoint on Saturday. Would have been insufferable without my MP3 on with my own Eclectic playlist.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - sooty123
after my daughter's wedding in Torpoint on Saturday.

Congratulations.
> Can't do driving with any music. Bad enough when people talk. Does anyone recognise anything
>> in this for themselves, even a slightly reduced driving concentration perhaps?
>>
>>

i have the radio on in the car but only music, can't be doing with DJs, any of them. Never found one i could listen to without wanting to switch off from their 'chat'. I just find their waffle irritating.
I should add that by "people talk" I mean passengers. The radio at all is a strict no no. For me.
>> I should add that by "people talk" I mean passengers. The radio at all is
>> a strict no no. For me.
>>

Even on a long journey it would be in silence?
Ideally.
I think I would find that a bit distracting in a strange sort of way, it would seem very 'empty? Not sure if that makes sense, I guess it's what you get used to.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - CGNorwich
My sister in law insist I switch off the radio if I give her a lift as she can’t concetrate on the road!
>> My sister in law insist I switch off the radio if I give her a
>> lift as she can’t concetrate on the road!

Introduce me. We'd get on. But quietly.

I notice one of the superstores (Asda?) is introducing a "quiet time" for a couple of hours on a Saturday. The idea is they will attempt to reduce noise and distractions for those who find it better, so they are dimming the lights a little, and even reducing the volume on the tills, as well as the tannoy.

So I guess there is a section of the population that appreciate that.

I walked through town one lunchtime and inadvertently was running Shazam on my phone. After my twenty minute walk I discovered this, and it had heard and titled forty seven bits of music. I really like protracted silence, but I know others, including some on this holiday, who simply cannot bear it or understand it.
> I notice one of the superstores (Asda?) is introducing a "quiet time" for a couple
>> of hours on a Saturday. The idea is they will attempt to reduce noise and
>> distractions for those who find it better, so they are dimming the lights a little,
>> and even reducing the volume on the tills, as well as the tannoy.

www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/25/manchester-asda-quiet-hour-help-autistic-shoppers
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - Zero

>> Probably just me and my special ways.

I had no doubt you were special needs.
>> Quite right Mark, my thoughts exactly. The car's radio may be tuned to R2 by
>> default when I go to work. Shouty gets kicked off (also by default) Ken Bruce
>> is the only person worth listening to on R2 in the daytime these days.

Pretty much my view on weekday schedule.

Still enjoy Pick of the Pops, now with Paul Gambaccini, on Saturday and Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the Seventies on a Sunday. Should try and listen to Sounds of Sixties but it's too early.

Desmond Carrington's Friday slot is frankly irreplaceable.
I wouldn't be without the radio when driving. Radio 4 preferably, but I do listen to Ken Bruce, I like Popmaster and bloods collections revolve around it ! ;-)....

No doubt he'll be whining on about it between now and Christmas...avoid. He's very self-centred and self obsessed
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - Duncan
In order of popularity
Radio 4
Classic FM
Radio 3
LBC - until I can't stand the phone in callers any more. Nick Ferrari is o.k. Eddie Mair next week - I wonder?
Absolute
Not sure why Chris Evans attracts such negative comments. He’s clearly very successful at what he does and has a huge number of followers and presented the most popular radio show in Europe. That is after all why he commands a huge salary. He’s off to Virgin Radio and is rumoured to be getting a salary of £3M per annum. I guess the BBC, now it is unable to compete at the top level will be losing more presenters to the private sector. Eddie Mair has already gone.
>> Not sure why Chris Evans attracts such negative comments. He’s clearly very successful at what
>> he does and has a huge number of followers and presented the most popular radio
>> show in Europe. That is after all why he commands a huge salary.

He inherited Terry Wogan's slot and an awful lot of those will be long term habitual listeners wanting the time checks, traffic and background music. Unless he repeatedly offends them they'll stick with the show.

That's very different from being popular in his own right. Will be interesting to see how much, if any, of the audience follows him to Virgin.
He's gone full circle. Back to the station that previously sacked him for poor attendance due to a couple of late night benders.

Obviously money driven, and no doubt will make him even bigger headed than he already is.

I'll stick to listening to the best radio station in Oxfordshire, (well I think so anyway), that being JackFM.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - Lygonos
Preference:

Radio 4
CDs

Haven't listened to another radio station for perhaps 15 years.
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - commerdriver
>> Preference:
>>
>> Radio 4
>> CDs
>>
CDs - how quaint :-), nearly as bad as my daughter's love for cassettes in her much loved 19 year old Golf.
Have you ever tried streaming music via your phone for in car use or even using memory cards to combine several CDs worth of music etc.
Personally, I haven't listened to the radio in a car for years, but then I have little normal daily commute use. I did used to listen to Ken Bruce but I am never in a car when his show is on nowadays, and I liked his stuff partly because I knew him at school anyway.
>> CDs - how quaint :-)
>> Have you ever tried streaming music via your phone for in car use or even
>> using memory cards to combine several CDs worth of music etc.

Before I had a USB port, in one of my old cars it was capable of playing MP3's stored on CD. Could store quite a bit of music on one 700MB CD-R.
At the end of the day it is all about money and Chris Evans has been hugely successful at delivering listeners to stations. It will be interesting to see the morning listener figures in a year's time.
Personally I find him OK and a big improvement on the tedious whimsy of Wogan
 Evans to leave the Breakfast Show. - BiggerBadderDave
Couldn't stand Wogan. I listen to it now because of Chis Evans whom I do enjoy.
Radio 4
5 Live (but not in the Skoda 'cos AM is farked and I've yet to spend the £180 needed to fettle the aerial)
Classic FM
Radio 2
Very occasionally Heart.

Otherwise my MP3 via an aux connection.

Mrs B has CD's and as I was in her car yesterday I did listen to few tracks of Leonard Cohen.

And his replacement is Zoe Ball.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45724304
She's OK I guess...may tempt me to change my listening habits.
Latest Forum Posts