Non-motoring > Anyone live near Horbury? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 21

Anyone live near Horbury? - Bobby
Looking for a favour from anyone who may live in this area by chance?
Just to drive past a business to see if it still exists?
 Anyone live near Horbury? - Fullchat
Is that the one near Wakefield?
>>Is that the one near Wakefield?

yes
Soz 50+ miles away. :(
 Anyone live near Horbury? - henry k
Not me
www.horburyvillage.com/businesses#al
 Anyone live near Horbury? - rtj70
Can you not just phone or email them?
>>Can you not just phone or email them?

Never thought of that.............. !!!

they are not answering phones or emails
Well assumed you had thought of it - and not answering could mean they are no longer trading. So I guess your drive past request.

How about phoning a local taxi company and paying them to do it? Or ask another business nearby if they know they are open/trading. Could it just be they have a summer shutdown?

Obviously without any of us knowing what business it is we cannot help. Unless we do have someone close by which I doubt.

Via the Woodhead pass the centre of Horbury is 43 miles from me. If I was going that way I'd swing past for you but nothing planned...
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 30 Aug 18 at 22:50
cheers anyway

This mob
rgntextiles.co.uk/
Knowing it's textile recycling and your line of work I assume you send garments etc. to them. Why don't you try contacting one of the directors? Although they all have their contact address as the same place in Dartford.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 30 Aug 18 at 23:14
There's a LinkedIn page for the MD I think. Cash4Clothes.... but also a mobile:

uk.linkedin.com/in/recycle4riches/lt

Forget that the linked website there does not work. A bit suspicious to me.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 30 Aug 18 at 23:29
 Anyone live near Horbury? - henry k
From Google maps
Give PM auto boy repairs a call ( motoring link ) ?.
They seem to be just across the road from what might be the office and might help.

P.S. the only review there
★★★★★ 2 years ago
Avoid if you can, 50 kgs of clothing for £23.20 not worth it at all there are better places that pay 70 pence per kgs don't bother with this place.
Most charity shops bag up clothes and sell by the kg. I even tried to get some from local shops to take for refugees coming to Greece but they would not help. They said they sell by the bag what they cannot sell in store.
From Google Street View in 2015.... that don't look like an operation that is doing anything. But they did move the registered office to Dartford.
 Anyone live near Horbury? - Cliff Pope
Anyone live near Horbury?

There may be a few on the outskirts. I think the centre took the brunt.
:)
Late call. I’m in Leeds for next hour. Links not working. If someone can put ma an address and postcode I can swing by.
Unless this has been resolved.
 Anyone live near Horbury? - smokie
Think this'd be it. RGN Textiles Ltd

53, Horbury Junction Industrial Estate, Calder Vale Rd, Horbury, Wakefield WF4 5ER,

Roger that
Still trading according to Security. Closed today though.
This was the premises. On the picture the building is shown as Holk Manufacturing Ltd. Clearly signed now as RGN Textiles.

There is a security gate on the approach to this part of the estate just behind the camera.

When you go to satellite image ts is more up to date and shows the area as it appears now.

www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.6552889,-1.5387377,3a,75y,317.77h,92.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6VKS1k3PPtKHGq7bsBCz7w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0
Last edited by: Fullchat on Sun 2 Sep 18 at 16:47
Cheers Fullchat for going out of your way to do that. I really appreciTe that random act of kindness!

Interesting that they appear to be operational yet not answering any phones, office or mobile, or emails. Still nothing official on any registers to say they are having financial problems but I know several charities are chasing them for monies.

Thanks again.
You're welcome. Nothing like a bit of sleuthing on a Sunday afternoon. :)
Latest Forum Posts