Non-motoring > Generative adversarial networks.... and dancing Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 7

Generative adversarial networks.... and dancing - rtj70
Okay this should be in computers but I thought it's too technical for most of us on here to really understand what it's doing.

Basically generative adversarial networks are a form of neural network (2 in fact) which sort of compete, hence the adversarial bit.

Anyway some clever bods at the University of California have taken as input videos of people who can dance and then map this onto someone else and make a new video of that person replicating the dance moves (the target).

Well I think it is clever and cool.

youtu.be/PCBTZh41Ris

Okay some glitches but target videos are computer generated. And when there's two subjects... the bloke has a reflection in the window for him.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 25 Aug 18 at 23:44
Should have pasted in the source article for those interested:

www.theregister.co.uk/2018/08/24/ai_dancing/

And it's a bit worrying it could make someone look like they are doing something they never did, e.g. someone famous. It's not just about dancing :-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 25 Aug 18 at 23:51
 Generative adversarial networks.... and dancing - zippy
Just wait until they come up with a video of you on the grassy knoll rtj!
This could be quite interesting and scary.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sun 26 Aug 18 at 00:48
 Generative adversarial networks.... and dancing - smokie
Aren't there some clever beggars out there.
 Generative adversarial networks.... and dancing - zippy
>> Aren't there some clever beggars out there.
>>

I must admit to thinking "How are they doing that?".

Then on Friday I was talking about SEK (Swedish Krona) transactions with a new client at their offices and hadn't been there before and opened up the browser to go to XE.com to get the current rate. The setting was already GBP to SEK and I had not looked up anything on my laptop for the currency as I had no idea they needed to use it. Now that's spooky!
 Generative adversarial networks.... and dancing - Duncan

>> Well I think it is clever and cool.
>>
>> youtu.be/PCBTZh41Ris
>>

Well, I looked at it and didn't really know whether to think that it was clever, or, so what?

I didn't bother watching to the end. Perhaps it tells you something about me.
 Generative adversarial networks.... and dancing - maltrap
I wonder if that was the technology used to make the advert of the lady playing a couple of drums, then changing to a fullset, seamlessly ?
Latest Forum Posts