Non-motoring > Treasure trove Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 8

Treasure trove - legacylad
Going through my late Aunts documents ( which took weeks first time around) I rediscovered several old ten shilling notes ( brown) plus a single one pound note ( green). A bakers dozen of half crowns, two five shilling coins, 1951 & 1953, and a QE2 five pound coin dated 1996.
Probably worth next to nowt, and no idea what to do with them....
 Treasure trove - Bromptonaut
A quick google will find numismatist dealers. This one is in London but I'm sure there used to be one in Leeds:

www.baldwin.co.uk/

Thirty odd years ago when I worked in the Public Trust(ee's) Office executorship staff would often return with bags of pre-decimal coins. IIRC they were worth diddly but I may be wrong and of course times have changed.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 31 Jul 18 at 14:58
Thanks Bromp. I don’t want anything for them...a friend of mine manages the local Age UK so may have experience of such disposals. I’d rather any monies go to one of my late Aunts preferred charities, but I shall look for a local numismatist who may offer me a sum which I can then donate to the S Army and Lifeboats.
 Treasure trove - CGNorwich
Not worth anything unless they are absolutely mint condition and then only worth next to nothing. :-)

Treasure trove - Zero
I sold similar on eBay for a fiver

My big score was a Herefordshire beer token that went for 47 quid, and a Lithuanian Lati that went for 26 quid
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 31 Jul 18 at 16:07
= 3/4 tankful of Shell V Power then !
 Treasure trove - R.P.
Keep them, they may come in handy post-Brexit.
 Treasure trove - Crankcase
Just make sure you don't have a 1933 penny. That's worth very many indeed of its brethren, if not fake.
Very droll R.P. I’m due to fly home from Spain in April, returning mid May.
Might just stay out there.....the saving in two flights goes a long way towards an extended rental period.
Interesting times we live in
Latest Forum Posts