Non-motoring > Airbus A220 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 8

Airbus A220 - Bromptonaut
So, I'm sitting in my study - coolest part of the house - and hear a descending airliner going overhead at medium altitude. Nothing unusual there, inbounds to Birmingham and East Midlands come over here all day. Nonetheless look on FR24 to see what it is, Swiss inbound BHX from Zurich but type tag shows 'Airbus A220'.

WTF?

Apparently the new name for the Bombardier C series
 Airbus A220 - sooty123
I read it last week, boeing did similar with embraer.
 Airbus A220 - R.P.
I'm eagerly awaiting the Beluga XL...due to fly in to Broughton in the next few days. Hope I'm around..
Always wanted to watch the Beluga from Hope Mountain*. Bit like watching operations at Leeds Bradford from the Chevin.

* I may have mentioned this before.
 Airbus A220 - legacylad
For viewing at LBA, Yeadon cemetery is a good spot. And there is an adjacent dirt track where there are always cars parked up viewing....when collecting passengers I usually park there until the inbound has landed then drive to the 1 hour free parking site at the terminal.
Last edited by: legacylad on Tue 24 Jul 18 at 19:11
 Airbus A220 - R.P.
If I knew the time that it was departing Broughton, I'd make sure I was on the summit of Moel Fammau - it does a spectacular pass over the hill and then over Ruthin as it climbs..
 Airbus A220 - rtj70
Does it do regular flights or is it totally adhoc. Only once have I seen it flying when near the Wirral (or could have been Liverpool).

I like the new paint scheme for the front. Very cute.
So far as I can see there's no timetable. They're part of a 'just in time' routine and operate according to the needs of the Toulouse and Finkenwerder production lines.
 Airbus A220 - rtj70
You'll have more of a chance then after Brexit. Just in time will go out of the window.
Latest Forum Posts