Non-motoring > Sat nav mounting Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 11

Sat nav mounting - MD
I need to bring it closer than the suction mount option. It’s just a tad too far away to be seen clearly. Again Renault master business plus. Any experience here please?
 Sat nav mounting - Old Navy
Brodit may help. They do phone and satnav mounts.

www.dsldevelopments.com
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 17 Jul 18 at 18:59
 Sat nav mounting - Zero
Dump your sat nav, use google maps and use this

www.cdslotmount.com

There I fixed both your issues with a single solution
 Sat nav mounting - Old Navy
I had one of them years ago, they vibrate, a no no for me.
 Sat nav mounting - Zero
Was fine in my Volvo, and fine moved to my BMW.
 Sat nav mounting - No FM2R
That looks interesting. How does it actually grip the CD player?
 Sat nav mounting - Zero
It is a combo of the wedge shape and the upwards curve of the slot bit. It works well does not slip out, does not vibrate and is very versatile.

Its failure of course is that many cars now no longer come with a CD player.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 17 Jul 18 at 20:52
 Sat nav mounting - No FM2R
Umm, but the PPoS has a CD player, rather conveniently located as well. And I *never* listen to CDs.

I shall see if it is available on Amazon.
 Sat nav mounting - neiltoo
I have one of these.
It's very good.
Clamps into cd slot well.
Grips phone well. Sometimes needs ball joint tightening on rough roads, but generally vibration is minimal.

www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Adjustable-One-touch-Perfect-Samsung/dp/B074W7TLNZ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1531988628&sr=8-5&keywords=cd+slot+phone+mount

8o)

Sat nav CD slot mounting - sherlock47
I had a similar expanding cd slot gripper, unbranded. It was excellent and I ordered several others so that all cars had similar mounts. Same supplier, same 'model'. The later ones were absolute rubbish, cost reduced to the point of non gripping.

Most of the air vent ones that I have tried do not lock the vent flaps in position, leading to vibration and similar problems on bumpy roads.

Sat nav mounting - Duncan
tinyurl.com/ybon5fgl
 Sat nav mounting - martin aston
I've got a Garmin beanbag type mount. It looks a bit Heath Robinson but it works really well on dashboard flattish surfaces where a suction mount can't work.

You can Google for generic alternatives.
Latest Forum Posts