Non-motoring > Cleaning a TV screen Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 13

Cleaning a TV screen - Bobby
What is the best way to clean a modern TV screen? I noticed that the special wipes I get for my spectacles specifically say on them not to use on TV screens?

Anyone got any suggestions?
 Cleaning a TV screen - CGNorwich
Microfibre cloth
 Cleaning a TV screen - Bobby
and???
 Cleaning a TV screen - No FM2R
Water. But not much.
 Cleaning a TV screen - Stuartli
I use the Hama Cleaning Wizard kit (bought from 7DayShop) which is specifically intended for monitors and TV screens.

The cleaning solution is applied using a spray on container which forms part of the handle for the cleaning pad - it's used sparingly and after being spread over the screen, ensures a spotless surface when lightly polished with a microfibre cloth.
 Cleaning a TV screen - Zero
Waitrose window cleaner, sprayed on, wiped off, clean screen

And nothing. Well you can dampen it a little if you like.

You can similarly use these clothes on anything from your spectacles to your car windcreen to the bathroom taps to your phone.. You don't need chemicals.
Here's what Samsung recommend. Just a cloth.

www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00046181/
 Cleaning a TV screen - rtj70
For screens in general (I include PC/Mac monitors) I think it depends. Some have glass and others plastic.

My iMac and MacBook Pro both have glass as the outermost part of the display. My work laptop and my main display, a Dell 24" UHD display, both have plastic.

Tech support at work for the laptops used to swap by using a bit of alcohol hand wash on a cloth.
 Cleaning a TV screen - Stuartli
Just found another monitor screen cleaning product in a drawer- I've not used this product for quite some years now, presumably after getting the Hama version quite some time ago...:-)

It's labelled Monitor/Filter Screen Cleaner (anti static), but is also intended for TVs, laptops, mobile phones etc. Manufacturer is a German firm, Stanger.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Mon 4 Jun 18 at 15:28
 Cleaning a TV screen - Pat
I use this

www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Magic-Ultimate-Cleaner-computers/dp/B00OJ2B6CQ

It works fine.

Pat
 Cleaning a TV screen - Haywain
Blimey, I never knew that cleaning a screen could hold so many pitfalls. I have been using Fellowes screen wipes from Wilko for several years........

www.wilko.com/en-uk/fellowes-screen-cleaning-wipes-100pk/p/0332275

The usual procedure is that I call Mrs H and ask her if she wants her glasses cleaned whilst extracting a wipe from the tub. With the one sheet, I clean her glasses, my glasses, any tablet/phone that is lying around and, if there's any life left in the wipe, I tackle the Mac's screen. Everything has, so far, survived.
 Cleaning a TV screen - Rudedog
Heard that what ever substance you use should be applied and wiped off in a left to right (or other way) motion rather than a circular pattern to stop swirls.

Not sure if true?
 Cleaning a TV screen - Bromptonaut
>> Heard that what ever substance you use should be applied and wiped off in a
>> left to right (or other way) motion rather than a circular pattern to stop swirls.
>>
>> Not sure if true?

Vague idea a former employer advised such a practice.
Latest Forum Posts