Non-motoring > Amputated leg reattached backwards Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 5

Amputated leg reattached backwards - Lygonos
Every day is a school day as they say.

This is a new one on me.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-41945248/child-cancer-survivor-fights-for-better-treatment

What a charming little girl too.
 Amputated leg reattached backwards - Lygonos
Bah made an 'arris of the link

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-43899335/girl-has-leg-reattached-backwards-after-cancer-surgery
 New therapies for the future, - sherlock47
or will it disappear into history along with phrenology and other pseudo science?

The link above did not work for me - but in browsing found this intruiging article.

I suspect conventionaly trained medics will treat it as somewhat questionable? Ly you seem a little more open minded than many - so what is your view?

www.bbc.com/news/health-43815370
edit timed out.....

the post above should read as below to avoid possible confusion!

Neither link in original posts would work for me - but in browsing found this intruiging article.

www.bbc.com/news/health-43815370

I suspect conventionaly trained medics will treat it as somewhat questionable? Ly you seem a little more open minded than many - so what is your view?

or will it disappear into history along with phrenology and other pseudo science?
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Thu 26 Apr 18 at 07:28
 New therapies for the future, - Lygonos
The usual psychological model (these events happened, causing this pattern of thinking to develop) and biochemical model (the brain chemistry changed causing depression) are inadequate to explain mood changes I think.

Whether biological factors such as gut flora, or inflammatory factors/pain play a big role in some cases is under scrutiny and may well bear fruit in the understanding and management of mood problems.

If rats are given injections of inflammatory-related chemicals they become despondent and neglect themselves - whether this holds true with humans is still to be demonstrated to a high degree of proof.

Phrenology and homeopathy are simply nonsense and don't even merit the term "pseudo-science"!

**edit** - original link should work from tinyurl.com/ycbnpxm6

Last edited by: Lygonos on Thu 26 Apr 18 at 11:47
>>>homeopathy is simply nonsense and don't even merit the term "pseudo-science"!<<<

I agree!, but there are a significant number of 'scientifically' trained professionals who seem to be willing to take money from the gullible. :)

For anybody who doubts this view
www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/homeopathy-study-nhs-ben-goldacre-gp-prescribe-performance-a8314111.html

Interested to see that it is as recent as 2017 that NHS made the statement.

"Homeopathy isn't widely available on the NHS. In 2017, NHS England recommended that GPs and other prescribers should stop providing it.

This is because they found "no clear or robust evidence to support the use of homeopathy on the NHS "
Latest Forum Posts