Non-motoring > printer ink re-fill Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 14

printer ink re-fill - bathtub tom
I've an old Canon MP210 Pixma printer, which I object to paying over the odds for new ink cartridges.

Can anyone recommend a suitable source of ink cartridge re-fill kits?
 printer ink re-fill - Tooslow
Well I use these tinyurl.com/2vnascs Dunno if they fit a 210 but they'll have something that does.

If you want to refill the existing cartridges, do you have a Cartrdige World near you? They're supposed to be ok though I've not used them myself. I was going to but the local one closed :-( Too much competition from the indy next door maybe!

JH
 printer ink re-fill - Perky Penguin
I have never ever bought a maker's own brand cartridge. The compatibles are waaaaay cheaper and, while there is an urban with that they somehow damage your printer, once you have used 2 sets of cheapies you have saved enough to buy a new printerif there is a problem. You can get other prices by Googling for IJT direct. I have had excellent service and products from them for many years.
 printer ink re-fill - Perky Penguin
Can't spell MYTH and another supplier - google for 365 ink
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Tue 24 Aug 10 at 14:27
 printer ink re-fill - PeteW
Used a number of refill kits and companies - it was a bit of a lottery as to how long the ink lasted or if it was actually the right colour!
Now buy exclusively from Tesco for my Canon. Much cheaper and they subjectively seem to last longer than Canon originals. The only downside is if you print photos on glossy paper - the ink does not like sunlight as much as Canon ink and will fade quicker.
 printer ink re-fill - Zero
I recently bought some tesco cartridges for my MP150

Its the worse pile of horse poo I ever bought. Streaky, patchy, and the levels are not recognised.

Complete garbage.
 printer ink re-fill - PeteW
Mines an MP510 with separate black/blue/cyan/magenta cartridges and Tesco replacements work perfectly.
Levels are recognised unless you've cancelled them out in software to get the last drop of ink from the cartridges - which then does result in streakiness because the print heads are dry and poorly fed.
Last edited by: Everest Pete on Tue 24 Aug 10 at 19:24
 printer ink re-fill - MD
Moreinks on Amazon
 printer ink re-fill - henry k
>> Can anyone recommend a suitable source of ink cartridge re-fill kits?
>>
I have bought lots from Tesco. I have a stock of them due to them being sold off a silly prices.
I now have a stock of syringes, bottles of cleaner ( not required for my printer) and some other bits.
I find it a bit messy doing it so I wear mechanics gloves. The ink washes off the gloves simply with water but the ink stains fingers and it does not wash off.
Colour packs come with three bottles of colours and a bottle of cleaner.
IIRC Black packs have three black plus cleaner.
I have refilled an individual cartridge many times.

Now see they have a mixed pack
direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-8781.aspx

direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-8106.aspx

direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-9331.aspx
 printer ink re-fill - henry k
p.s. My cartridges a simple ones with no chips in them.
 printer ink re-fill - Hard Cheese

Canon cost-per-print is generally competitive so it is not worth risking non Canon cartridges IMO.

printer ink re-fill - rtj70
I tried a few compatibles for my Canon printer (no chips or anything in them) and for photos the colours were not right. In the end I gave up trying to tweak the printer to get decent prints and went back to originals. At about £5 a cartridge it's not expensive anyway for the colour cartridges.

I do sometimes use compatible ink for the larger text only pigment black cartridge - it has another black for photos.
 printer ink re-fill - Cliff Pope
In my experience both compatibles and refills are rubbish. Poor colours, messy, the ink-out feature won't calibrate properly.
 printer ink re-fill - Stuartli
I've used www.diskdepot.co.uk for compatible inkjet cartridges for my Epson R300 for the past four years without any problems.

I usually buy four or five packs to make the most of the courier delivery charge but, at under £5 for the FULL set of six cartridges, it still works out almost stupidly cheap (a full set of original Epson cartridges would be around £60 to £70!)

You can also buy the cartridges individually, so able to stock up additional black cartridges at little extra cost.

By the way, I leave my Epson R300 on permanently - this saves the printer going through a head cleaning routine every time it would be switched on and saves ink.

It's also ready for immediate use.

The company also offers a full range of other products, including CD and DVD media, from top brand names.

These include Taiyo Yuden, probably the finest manufacturer of such media in the world and whose products many other big brand names re-badge under their own name.
 printer ink re-fill - Stuartli
PS

Another top class outlet is www.7DayShop.com - also offering a wide range of products apart from cartridges.
Latest Forum Posts