Non-motoring > Ken Dodd. RIP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 14

Ken Dodd. RIP - VxFan
Doddy’s dead, just days after getting wed.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43367267
 Ken Dodd. RIP - R.P.
Just read about it. Part of the background chatter of our lives. Went to see his show in 2009, started at 730pm still going strong at 1230am..!
 Ken Dodd. RIP - Dog
'Do I believe in safe sex? Of course I do. I have a handrail around the bed.'

'Honolulu: it's got everything: sand for the children, sun for the wife, sharks for the wife's mother.'

'How do you make a blonde laugh on a Sunday? Tell her a joke on a Wednesday.'

'Tonight when you get home, put a handful of ice cubes down your wife's nightie and say: 'There's the chest freezer you always wanted'.'

'My dad knew I was going to be a comedian. When I was a baby, he said, 'Is this a joke?'.'

'I used to think I was marvelous in bed until I discovered that all my girl friends suffered from asthma.'

'They stole that idea from me' - Referring to the Inland Revenue and self-assessment of income tax.

'I told the Inland Revenue I didn't owe them a penny because I lived near the seaside.'

RIP

Ken Dodd. RIP - helicopter
I saw him at Dorking halls several years ago , it was five hours of helpless laughter...

Apparently his funeral is on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday.......

RIP Doddy.
 Ken Dodd. RIP - VxFan
Tears for souvenirs is all you left me

.....and two fingers for the tax man.

He's going to be preserved in vinegar, so he can say "how pickled am I?"
 Ken Dodd. RIP - VxFan
>> just days after getting wed.
>> .....and two fingers for the tax man.

He had the last laugh, right to the end.

"there are also tremendous differences between the ways that a partner and a spouse are treated when it comes to inheritance tax. Assets can be passed between spouses free of inheritance tax, which can make an enormous difference to the tax due.”

www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5490679/Sir-Ken-Dodd-laugh-tax-affairs.html

Ken Dodd. RIP - Zero
>> >> just days after getting wed.
>> >> .....and two fingers for the tax man.

Well as a tax cheat he didn't need to marry her to take advantage of the numerous legal tax advantages before he died.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 14 Mar 18 at 12:01
 Ken Dodd. RIP - Bromptonaut
>> I saw him at Dorking halls several years ago , it was five hours of
>> helpless laughter...

Saw him in Scarborough when I was a kid, probably either 69 or 70. Too young to get all his jokes and regret not taking my kids, by then teenagers, to see him when we were in Scarborough with my Mum ten or so years ago.
 Ken Dodd. RIP - R.P.
Liverpool FC manager Jurgen Klopp has a glamourous daughter called Klippety
 Ken Dodd. RIP - Ted

What a great day for sticking a cucumber in your maiden aunt's letterbox, ringing the doorbell and shouting " The Martians are here ! "

RIP Doddy...knock 'em dead up there ! Oh, they already are !
 Ken Dodd. RIP - legacylad
One of my regrets in life is never seeing him in a live show. I’d thought about it for the past 40 odd years. His humour was hit & miss with me, but I’m kicking myself now.
I can’t think of any other comedians I’ve regretted not seeing live
RIP
 Ken Dodd. RIP - helicopter
One of my favourite Doddy jokes...

'We're very green in Liverpool..
all the church roofs are unleaded...

Ken Dodd. RIP - Manatee
And his best motoring joke -

"The man who invented cats' eyes got the idea when he saw the eyes of a cat in his headlights. If the cat had been going the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener."
 Ken Dodd. RIP - VxFan
The family have asked if the coffin can be made from knotty ash.
 Ken Dodd. RIP - TheManWithNoName
Apparently Ken Dodd's dad's dog died.

But you won't hear it on the news as no-one can say it!

RIP
Latest Forum Posts