Non-motoring > US/EU and future UK Trade Wars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 7

US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - rtj70
Trump has approved tariffs on aluminium and steel imports.... trade wars about to begin.

It will be tit for tat and the UK could be a lot worse off when we leave the EU. Trump is a danger to the world economy.
 US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - sooty123
I doubt it'd be the start of a trade war, i don't see trump as having the attention span to carry one on.
 US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - Zero
>> I doubt it'd be the start of a trade war, i don't see trump as
>> having the attention span to carry one on.

I do, its right up his street, tit for tat, short termism, buzz words, knee jerk, could have been made for him.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 8 Mar 18 at 21:27
 US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - Boxsterboy
Trump bleats on about the current tariffs being unfair to USA but I've not seen any of the press outline what the current tariffs are. Does anyone know the truth of the matter?

It is reported tonight that Canada and Mexico are not included in the new tariffs.

As Z says, it is policy on the hoof with knee-jerk decisions. Just what business does not want.
 US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - sooty123
I know he was talking about cars and tariffs the other day as well. It's 2.5% on cars imported from the eu to the US and 10% on cars from the US to the eu.
 US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - Boxsterboy
So Teslas could be cheaper? If you're going to have tariffs it makes sense if they are reciprocal (I think). Many EU brand cars are actually made elsewhere, and many are made in the States.
 US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - Zero
On the whole, the last thing you want to buy in the UK is an American car. Tarrifs or not.

(ok ok there are exotic exceptions)
 US/EU and future UK Trade Wars - rtj70
BMW X3 and X5 are made in the US aren't they?
Latest Forum Posts