Non-motoring > Senior moments Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BiggerBadderDave Replies: 24

Senior moments - BiggerBadderDave
Squeezed out some toothpaste into my hands to wash them.
 Senior moments - Zero
Went into the fridge, got out and put orange juice in my coffee
 Senior moments - R.P.
Getting ready for work last week, flask for coffee and Sigg for cold drink. Poured Vimto cordial into the coffee granules at the bottom of the flask . Doh !
 Senior moments - helicopter
Laundry basket in our bathroom is next to the toilet.

I once took off my pants , lifted the lid of the laundry basket and threw the pants down the bowl....
 Senior moments - Dog
Got in bed last night, put the table lamp on, picked up my book but couldn't find my glasses ...

I already had them on!!!
 Senior moments - Robin O'Reliant
>> Got in bed last night, put the table lamp on, picked up my book but
>> couldn't find my glasses ...
>>
>> I already had them on!!!
>>
I did similar a few months ago. Drove away from home, got down the road and went back to get my glasses. Suddenly realised I could see clearly and found I was already wearing them.
 Senior moments - legacylad
Went to my local with only enough £ for 4 pints and a bag of nuts. Totally forgot that the new owners don’t let you run a tab for a few days.
 Senior moments - R.P.
Went to work the other day with my NHS ID when it wasn't NHS day. Nobody noticed.
 Senior moments - Zero
Put the electric kettle into the dishwasher. My wife noticed before it was turned on.
 Senior moments - Bobby
FIL put the electric deep fat fryer on the gas hob and lit it!
 Senior moments - devonite
Walked the mile down to my allotment the other day, forgot the keys - walked back home to get them and found they were in my coat pocket all along!
 Senior moments - BiggerBadderDave
Cracked an egg, tossed the egg in the bin and dropped the shell in the frying pan - twice in the same session.
 Senior moments - neiltoo
Went in to my local Co-op to get my paper, with a subscription token. 2 hours later, shopping in Tesco, picked up a paper, and couldn't find the token. Mystified, but paid cash for it.
I was atr home before I realised I had 2 copies!!!

8o)
 Senior moments - Ted

Took the caravan to a regular weekend site we use. Pitched up and couldn't find the keys. It's not usually locked.......less damage if some0ne wants to break in but I needed to open the battery and gas lockers on the outside. Plus, the awning pegs are in the wet locker. Curses ! After a search of the car I drove the 23 miles home to get the spares. 46 miles later I arrived back to find SWM had found the keys in a small bag of groceries where I'd thrown them on leaving !

How we chuckled !......Or at least she did !

Today, I was doing something in the garage. I was holding a 2" nail in my mouth. When I took hold of the end to use it, I found it was actually my lighted cigar...ouch ! The nail was where I'd put it a couple of minutes earlier.
 Senior moments - bathtub tom
My first caravan didn't have a safety chain, so I fitted one. First site afterwards, parked the 'van, disconnected the car and drove off - took me ages to release the 'vans handbrake!
 Senior moments - Cliff Pope
>> Went into the fridge, got out
>>

You were lucky - it's risky having a walk-in fridge unless you have a release handle on the inside.
:)
 Senior moments - stan10
Saw this thread, thought i could throw one in, but couldn't remember a specific (maybe that qualifies ?)

However, just spent a few minutes looking for the remote, on the desk, under the cushion, etc, - then looked down to see it nestling in my left hand, Doh !
 Senior moments - Bromptonaut
The glasses on forehead one gets me over and over. Somebody else 'found' them in a room I'd been interviewing a client in on Tuesday - took them off to read her documents.

Today I was struggling to understand some comment of Mrs B's about writing faeces; realised I'd misheard and word was thesis.

Senior moments - rtj70
Easy mistake though.... most Thesis contain a lot of the other stuff ;-) Academics etc.

Oh to be a vice chancellor!
 Senior moments - stan10
" ... Oh to be a vice chancellor! .. "

If i had chancelled my vices better i might have more memories now !
 Senior moments - Dog
Reminds me of when I was telling my brother about the apartment I'd bought in Tenerife.

I said it came with the escritura (deeds) you know what that is? ... $h1t, says he.

8-)
 Senior moments - Dog
Tryna burn a CD of Deep Purple for the ole woman to play in the car.

Ripped it using windows media player, removed CD and put in new disc, clicked burn.

Wood knot 'ave it .. tried again and again and again .. over two days but it still wood knot 'ave it.

Then it dawned on me ... disc was CLEARLY marked DVD.

8-)
 Senior moments - Falkirk Bairn
Barber visit - barber 70+ years, was telling everyone he had walked into a cupboard on 3 occasions that day & forgot what he was looking for.

A pal of his from school was in, just in front of me & was asking him if that was a sign of dementia.

The pal assured him he did not have dementia because he could remember 3 things he had done that morning!
 Senior moments - Dog
My late brother, who suffered with Lewy body dementia (DLB) but died from a ruptured aortic aneurysm, more than once peed in the fitted wardrobe in his bedroom after coming home 3 sheets to the wind (he liked his real ale)

One wonders why, after his divorce, he spent the next 35-40 years living on his own.
 Senior moments - R.P.
For some odd reason that's quite common. Even my best friend did it once. Quite a few colleagues admitted doing it after sniffing the barmaid's apron.
Latest Forum Posts