Non-motoring > A new tool for seaching airline routes Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 5

A new tool for seaching airline routes - henry k
This is a brand new "search engine" that is unlike any others I have seen.

It might be a short cut in the initial planning stages of a holiday.

www.hipmunk.com/

An example of the output for London to Brisbane
www.hipmunk.com/results?from=LHR&to=BNE&s=stbbvsx9w03

I have no connection with the company.

A new tool for seaching airline routes - Perky Penguin
It may be a good tool for finding routes but, using it to look for flights that I have already researched, I found the timetable to be incomplete and their quoted fare of $310=£205 was poor compared to £125 for booking the same flights on-line with the airline. Treat with caution IMO.
My points were that it is "a short cut in the initial planning stages"and it does this well in showing in a simple form airlines and elapsed time for a trip.
I am not aware of any other system that does this.
It also simply highlights connecting airlines on a route that many may not aware of.
Having used many search engines and been involved in design and implementation of several I think it is a useful addition.
The search engine I usually use is Kayak and I would not use Hipmunk for fares.
 A new tool for seaching airline routes - Hard Cheese

Clever and presents the options clearly though doesnt feature all airlines, I put in a route for which easyJet is an obvious choice and it did not offer easyJet as an option.

A new tool for seaching airline routes - Bellboy
sorry didnt work for me as it doesnt cover plus or minus i day etc so it just says computer say no
hopeless if easyjet only fly out from my chosen destination 3 days out of 5
Thanks for all the feedback. It is very helpful as I am passing this on to other interested parties.
Latest Forum Posts