Thread Author: Zero Replies: 19

Ikea Founder has died. - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42851668

In commemoration they are adding new ranges in store

Ded, Stif, Karked among them.
Oh and "Korps"
 Ikea Founder has died. - Robin O'Reliant
I wonder if he'll be seen off in a flat pack coffin?

Thinking about it, that's not actually a bad Idea. I'm sure someone could make a profit selling them for twenty or thirty quid. It's not as if you need any more than balsa wood, it's only going to burn or rot.
>> I wonder if he'll be seen off in a flat pack coffin?

Yeah, the "Kofin" range
 Ikea Founder has died. - PeterS
A coffin should be quite an easy flat pack. Choice of finishes in line with a billy bookcase, from white melamine to a dark oak finish. A few dowels and some of those hidden cam fixing things. Choice of handles from the kitchen range. Job done. Plus, you can hire a transit by the hour from most ikeas, so transport to the crematorium is covered too
 Ikea Founder has died. - CGNorwich
Have you ever bought Balsa wood. It ain’t cheap.
MDF would do.
 Ikea Founder has died. - Bromptonaut
>> MDF would do.

Provided the glue and laminate burn cleanly. Suspect crematoria have regulations on permissible materials.

Can be covered with vinyl applique though. When we went to crem in Newcastle U L to discuss my sister outlaw's funeral they'd just done last service of day. Deceased had been a great fan of racing pigeons and his coffin was covered in pictures of the birds.

We stuck to oak for my Mum.
A few nails and some twine would do for me.
 Ikea Founder has died. - TheManWithNoName
After the cremation, no doubt there'll be some screws left over.
 Ikea Founder has died. - DP
>> After the cremation, no doubt there'll be some screws left over.
>>
We were only commenting the other day how this never seems to happen with Ikea stuff. I'm sitting here at an Ikea desk typing this. There's an Ikea TV unit behind me, and our bedrooms have Ikea wardrobes. There's also an Ikea bed and desk in eldest's room. I assembled all of this, and had exactly the right number and type of fastener in each case.

My issue with Ikea isn't the product, but the shopping "experience". Queuing to get in and out of a shop either side of being told which way to walk around it is not my idea of a good time. Thankfully there are workarounds.
 Ikea Founder has died. - CGNorwich
Never been in one. Nearest store is 120 miles away.
>> Never been in one. Nearest store is 120 miles away.
>>
I've never even seen one.
 Ikea Founder has died. - commerdriver
>> >> Never been in one. Nearest store is 120 miles away.
>> >>
>> I've never even seen one.
>>
I can feel a trip to one of our optional ones (each about 20 miles from home) as daughter has just had an offer accepted on a flat.
I guess we have averaged one or two trips a year in the last decade.
 Ikea Founder has died. - VxFan
It is not known how his vast wealth will be divided among his family, as his solicitor says he left no instructions.
 Ikea Founder has died. - Manatee
>> It is not known how his vast wealth will be divided among his family, as
>> his solicitor says he left no instructions.

Just diagrams, presumably.
 Ikea Founder has died. - smokie
His family are in bits over it...
>> His family are in bits over it...

Pull yourself together.

You'll need a crosspoint screwdriver, a hex key and a hammer
 Ikea Founder has died. - VxFan
Coincidentally, 91 isn't only the age in which he died, it's the number of screws that are left over after assembling an Ikea wardrobe.

Also, he apparently died in suspicious circumstances. The police are working hard trying to piece it all together. Their main suspect is some bloke called Alän Quea.

The quickest Ikea assembly ever will be when the reading of his will takes place.
 Ikea Founder has died. - Dutchie
Never used Ikea flat packs aren't for me.
Latest Forum Posts