Non-motoring > So Basingstoke Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 12

So Basingstoke - Duncan
Basingstoke man killed by one of his pet snakes.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-42801983
 So Basingstoke - TheManWithNoName
I heard a tale of a woman who kept a large snake. At night it would lay next to her in bed. She thought it was cute and was being affectionate but an expert later told her the snake was measuring her. If it thought it could swallow her it would have done so whilst she slept.
 So Basingstoke - Zero
>> I heard a tale of a woman who kept a large snake.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULx9k2QkL94
 So Basingstoke - Manatee
Allegorical? Snakegorical anyway.
 So Basingstoke - VxFan
>> Basingstoke man killed by one of his pet snakes.

I bet that rattled him.
 So Basingstoke - Zero
Didn't manage to dodge the viper.
 So Basingstoke - Crankcase
The snake is denying it now of course, but I don't think it's got a leg to stand on.
 So Basingstoke - Cliff Pope
It's always heartwarming to read stories of stupid people keeping unsuitable pets getting killed by them.
It's the demolition of their arrogant presumption that they have some kind of personal rapport with these wild animals which is so satisfying.
 So Basingstoke - Lygonos
My Uncle Billy had a ten foot willy
He showed it to the lady next door
She thought it was a snake
And hit it with a rake
And now it's only two foot four
 So Basingstoke - Ambo
>>He showed it to the lady next door

Reminds me of a story a wartime ATS girl told me. She and the other occupants of a female barrack room were surprised when a small hole was cut in a blackout blind from outside and a male member appeared. To encourage it one of them warmed it up with a lighter flame but it shrank from view.

So Basingstoke - Ambo
>>Coroner Andrew Bradley said there was no doubt Mr Brandon died "as a result of contact with Tiny" and he recorded a verdict of misadventure.

Just like that? Surely he would have wanted proof that the snake had crushed or asphyxiated Brandon? It probably didn't unless it wanted a meal, in which case it would have been concealing the evidence inside itself. Evidently the mother was lucky not to have been attacked.

Having come across a constrictor only 5 or 6 feet long but with just the back legs of a goat showing in its mouth I gave these beasts the wide berth I gave all snakes.
 So Basingstoke - Zero
>> >>He showed it to the lady next door

I think its a link to the Presidents Club scandal.
 So Basingstoke - Haywain
"My Uncle Billy had a........

Apart from the fact that it started "Poor little Billy....", that was one of our skipping songs from about 60 years ago.
Latest Forum Posts