Non-motoring > Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 43

Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Duncan
Attractive young women asked a hotel owner if she could stay for nothing at his hotel in return for good reviews.

Link to Telegraph (sorry Dog, not a preview).

tinyurl.com/y7mr36cq

The hotel owner said no to the attractive young woman.

She was not happy.
Last edited by: Duncan on Fri 19 Jan 18 at 17:50
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Pat
Attractive? Lips made of botox and a plastic face!

Pat
>> Attractive? Lips made of botox and a plastic face!
>>
>> Pat
>>

You didn't get any clues from the fact that I wrote 'attractive young woman' twice?
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Focal Point
Disturbing stuff.

Most worrying is that someone like her (the plastic doll) has over 116,000 "followers", who think that what she writes about is worth something. And the total moral inversion of the situation is breathtaking.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - zippy
>>And the total moral inversion of the situation is breathtaking.

That's the "entitled to" generation.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Robin O'Reliant
It is quite common in restaurants for diners to demand a free meal in return for a good review. Sensible owners tell them where to go.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - No FM2R
A friend of mine has a successful restaurant. On of those that relies on its reputation to extend its catchment area and justify its [to me] ridiculous prices.

I had a girl, pretty similar to this one I think; brainless and shallow with no redeeming features, turned up with her fella and said much the same except it was TripAdvisor reviews. On being told to sod off, her and her friends put in about 30 bad reviews over the next month.

TripAdvisor were unbelievably unhelpful. So much so that I refuse to pay any attention to their reviews these days.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - BiggerBadderDave
If her brains were in her lips, she'd have an IQ of 200.

I detest what women are doing to their faces. I find it so repulsive. I sat next to a woman at parents evening who was in her mid 40s and a total stunner, except she'd messed her face with one of those trout pouts. Made me feel sick. Does a trout pout turn you on? Perhaps that's why men love fishing. Can't stand any kind of cosmetic enhancement either. Leave it alone.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - tyrednemotional
....there was a suggestion in some of the comments that she'd requested the enhancement for free in return for a good review.

The supplier agreed, and decided to get their own back.....

;-)
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Manatee
I'm just amazed that she has outed herself. Won't her followers start to wonder what her recommendations are worth?
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - sooty123
Unlikely alot of these type of social networkers have a loyal following. They'd be interested in what they have to say rather than its accuracy.

Mind you trying to get something free for a good review isn't really anything new.
>>I'm just amazed that she has outed herself.

I don't think her genius is what got her the youtube gig.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Dog
She looks like a sillycon sex doll to me, not that I know about these things ewe understand.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - rtj70
I wonder what happens in a couple of years with the filler in her lips - not quite as bad as that Corrie actress mind.

I can't say I am surprised someone has tried to get something free like she has but her turning it around and making out she has been wronged is unbelievable. And her followers think she's been wronged. You have to worry how the world is going - Trump will be president of the USA next :-)
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Haywain
"Trump will be president of the USA next :-)"

And that nice Mr Corbyn will be in charge here.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Zero
Stupid Tart.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Robin O'Reliant
>> I wonder what happens in a couple of years with the filler in her lips
>> - not quite as bad as that Corrie actress mind.
>>
>>
>>
It's the same with this hideous fashion for covering the whole of your arms with tattoos. Even when first done it just looks like they haven't had a wash for three months, God knows the mess they will end up with when they are older and the skin has gone all wrinkly.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Bromptonaut
>> It's the same with this hideous fashion for covering the whole of your arms with
>> tattoos.

They don't consider the implications either.

One of my volunteer colleagues last year was a law student. Nice looking Anglo Indian lass. Turned up for advice session with a peacock feather newly tatooed on her forearm. Very well done and contrasted beautifully with her complexion.

Strongly suspect she'd not thought through who it might look at interview with a law firm or in court.

Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Zero
>> Strongly suspect she'd not thought through who it might look at interview with a law
>> firm or in court.

They are going to have to get used to it, currently its estimated that 40% of those under 25 have one, and by 2025/30 that number is expected to nearly double.

disapproval of skin ink is an old person thing.

Of course, as in all things, there are tatts and tatts.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 19 Jan 18 at 22:22
> Strongly suspect she'd not thought through who it might look at interview with a law
>> firm or in court.

As zero says very common now. If they are a bit sniffy about that sort of thing they'll be short of candidates now and more so in the future. I work with a fairly high proportion of under 25 year olds . Mainly men and full sleeve tattoos are very popular.
>> I wonder what happens in a couple of years with the filler in her lips
>> - not quite as bad as that Corrie actress mind.

The most extreme example of this was one of the women (can't remember actor's names - don't care actually) in Men Behaving Badly. Paul Merton said 'blimey, she's swallowed a rubber dinghy!'
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - R.P.
Sadly Leslie Ash from MBB had a very bad experience with her rubber dinghy experiment.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - rtj70
>> God knows the mess they will end up with when they are older and the skin has gone all wrinkly.

Not a mess but I wonder how some tattoos will look when they put on weight or lose it at some point. A well toned body etc.... and then a few stone heavier.

Do tattoos break down over time and fade (and what damage do toxins do?). I'm not into tattoos or trout lips.
They do fade, quite a few with them at work get them reinked after so many years, colour ones I'm led to believe are worse than black ones.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Focal Point
I have never seen a tattoo that I felt enhanced the owner, whether male or female, in any way. Nor piercings, for that matter.

My daughter would not have her ears pierced for earrings, which was not my doing - I might have stretched a point over earrings.
>> I have never seen a tattoo that I felt enhanced the owner, whether male or
>> female, in any way. Nor piercings, for that matter.

I mostly agree, almost completely. However, most of my uncles are military men and mostly big men and pretty much all had a tattoo on their [to me, muscular] forearms.

I found it kind of impressive. Perhaps because I was a boy and they were my uncles. But even now, I quite get the military tattoos. Its the 'casual' tattoos I don't like. My girls' Muay Thai instructor is a walking tattoo. He's very scary, but the tattoo look is still crap.

>> My daughter would not have her ears pierced for earrings, which was not my doing

Mine neither, nor did I influence it. Sorely tempted to voice an opinion though I was.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Lygonos
>> I have never seen a tattoo that I felt enhanced the owner

www.tattooideaspictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/cool-tattoo-ideas-65.jpg

Maybe not enhance, but I expect it is a perfect representation of the owner.
>>I expect it is a perfect representation of the owner.

I wish I knew that person. I'd just like to sit down with them and try to understand what was going on in their head.

I believe in trying to understand people, and sometimes they are so far beyond anything I know that I find them fascinating.

Of course, once understood they need to be removed from the gene puddle, but understood first.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Cliff Pope
Tart. Throw her out and threaten to report her to the police for soliciting. :)
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - R.P.
Narcism pure and simple, as Mark mentions ex-military tend to tell a story about the wearer - everything else is crap.
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - legacylad
My father was in the Merchant Navy for 7 years. Joined up as a teenager in 1938, came home without a single tattoo ( lots of his pals on the Arctic convoys didn’t).
Maybe it’s in the genes because I’ve never been in the least bit tempted to have my body inked.

I think some small inks on females look quite nice, but some of the sights you see exposed in warmer climes are hugely unattractive to me....massive tattoos from the neck, down the back and down one leg to the toes.
A female friend of my gf whom I met working in Turkey in 2015 had lots of body ink. We often went out for drinks together, and her reason for tattoos was ‘to express her individuality’. She was a very pretty girl, intelligent and eloquent, but when I asked her why she didn’t simply use her brain to express her individuality through her actions, words and deeds it didn’t go down well ( we’d had a few drinks).
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Lygonos
Showing off your ind-er-viduality like all the other sheep with tattoos.

Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Hard Cheese
Back on track, IMO she was offering him a promotional opportunity, she could have said €100 or €500 rather a free stay, it was a business proposition - in which regard his patronising and public response was inappropriate.

Her ridiculous appearance etc is of secondary importance.
Of course she could have said that, but she didn't.

She was offering a good review. Somewhat undermines her integrity and morality.

His response wad spot on. After all, she was trying to barter publicity and that's what she got. .
>> Of course she could have said that, but she didn't.
>>
>> She was offering a good review. Somewhat undermines her integrity and morality.
>>

I think if you re-read it her offer was not unreasonable, as I say she was offering him a promotional opportunity, she could have said that the promtional activity was worth €€€ rather asking for a free stay in the first instance, though it was a simple a business proposition.

He only had to say no thanks.
>> I think if you re-read it her offer was not unreasonable, as I say she
>> was offering him a promotional opportunity, she could have said that the promtional activity was
>> worth €€€ rather asking for a free stay in the first instance, though it was
>> a simple a business proposition.
>>
>> He only had to say no thanks.

An English run place in Mallorca gave us a drink on the house followed by a mention that a positive review on TripAdvisor would be appreciated. I suspect the price/value of a good review is nearer to cost of 2 Spanish Brandies than a room and breakfast.
She offered to promote 87,000 users Bromp, not the same as a simple TripAdvisor review.
>> She offered to promote 87,000 users Bromp, not the same as a simple TripAdvisor review.

I'm not sure I get the difference. She might influence 87k users more effectively than a review would for same audience in Trip Advisor. But Trip Advisor's 'reach' for less detailed reviews is in millions.
More than numbers, consider the percentage impact on target audience.

87,000 people read her diarrhea whether it is relevant to them or not, and for the vast majority it is not. In fact, it didn't become important or relevant to the hotelier's target audience until the media got hold of it. Herself she was unlikely to have any effect.

But what percentage of potential customers read a TripAdvisor review - I should think it is significant. Bad TripAdvisor reviews are an issue for a business.

She is repulsive, but I suspect he would have been better served to say something like "go away you little worm, and I'll keep quiet about this if you do".
She didn't say "let me stay free and I'll run some free adverts for you". She said "let me stay free and I'll give you a good review".

I would have thought a "good review" ought to depend on the experience of the place, not whether nor not you got it for free.

If you really can't see the difference, then should you ever offer reviews on restaurants, hotels, holidays and other such things on here in the future, then I'd like to know whether or not you falsified that review in return for a discount or free gift

>> She didn't say "let me stay free and I'll run some free adverts for you".
>> She said "let me stay free and I'll give you a good review".
>>

No she didn't.

Read the link again.

I'm not typing it verbatim and its an image so I can't copy the text though she says something like - I came acroos your stunning hotel and would love to feature it on My YouTube channel/Instagram to bring traffic to your hotel and persuade others to book ... ".

So your saying there's no implication of a good review just an honest review? The promise of a good review is in 'I'll persuade others to book'
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Ambo
Those horrible lips alone justify my decision not to get involved with "social media". (Anyway, they're not "social" if they keep society at arm's length, are they?)
 Can I Stay At Your Hotel For Nothing - Mapmaker
A chum of mine is a blogger; she has 18,000 followers on Instagram and gets some pretty super holidays (a week for two in a resort in Antigua, anybody?). Indeed she has more such offers than she can use in her holiday from her real job (which is doing social media). She's endlessly eating, free, in restaurants. And I don't mean MacDonalds

She gets booked up by PRs, and once they know you're going to leave nice reviews you get more and more.

I know another girl, vaguely, she has a third of a million IG followers. Blogging is her full-time job. Quite apart from the holidays and restaurants she takes suitcases of unwanted free clothes samples to Oxfam every week.

Latest Forum Posts