Non-motoring > Tea Time TV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 12

Tea Time TV - Zero
WTF? I have just seen a horse screwing a blow up dummy on country file, just as I was putting custard on my apple crumble.
 Tea Time TV - Robin O'Reliant
BBD is getting excited as we post.
 Tea Time TV - Zero
#puddingruinedforever
 Tea Time TV - Bromptonaut
Friend of my Mother worked at some agricultural outfit where her job was to harvest bull sperm to improve the nation's Dairy Herd.

The cow inside the blow up cow......
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 7 Jan 18 at 19:37
 Tea Time TV - sooty123
I watched that as well, I suppose at least I know how they get the sample. I wonder who's job it is to collect it from the rubber horse..?
 Tea Time TV - MD
Quite an interesting prog’ I thought.
 Tea Time TV - legacylad
Thank gawd I’ve got a local pub to go to every Sunday evening/ late afternoon when this stuff is on.
Zeddo might be interested but the setting sun directly behind Ribblehead viaduct at 4pm was a photographers dream. Quite a few snappers there with large cameras on tripods as I dropped off the tops.
Biting cold on Whetnside today. Full winter gear, the tarns were frozen, snow and sheet ice underfoot, gale blowing on top 700’, ski goggles worn, and once off the tourist 3 Peaks circuit not a soul for miles. Good job I didn’t collapse as I’d have frozen to death pdq.
 Tea Time TV - Zero
Did my viaduct shot at the back end of last year.

youtu.be/voIkm5pjNoQ
 Tea Time TV - legacylad
Seen it when you posted earlier.
Some steam specials running over Ribblehead later this month and February. ( my next door neighbour works at ticket office, Settle) so let’s me know when to look out of my window!
Hopefully some snow then to make it more scenic...
 Tea Time TV - commerdriver
Ribblehead is definitely more scenic from the moor than it is from a steam train going over it, last time, behind Union of South Africa, the smoke obscured the view for most of the crossing, probably still looked great for the watchers down below.
 Tea Time TV - Ambo
>>I watched that as well, I suppose at least I know how they get the sample. I wonder who's job it is to collect it from the rubber horse..?

The Milk Marketing Board used a kinder technique at a former Dorset breeding centre, using a real cow. She was backed under a ramp, the bull climbed up behind, having been equipped with a sheath and could actually see and smell her.

The semen was collected, tested and - if satisfactory - divided into spills which were like the ink tubes of ballpoint pens, labelled, frozen and shipped all over the world. What I found interesting was that these bulls were not from a special stud but, if they had the right characteristics, hired from selected farmers for the job.
 Tea Time TV - Falkirk Bairn
Reminds me of the old joke.

Young girl walking along a lane with the bull.

Where are you going? said the tourist worried about safety.

"I am taking the bull to service the cows on the next farm"

Shouldn't you dad do that?

"NO !!- "it's got to be the bull"
 Tea Time TV - Ambo
And (attributed to Russel Colman, of the mustard business):

A farmer's bull was off-colour and there was his cow Tansy to be covered. A neighbour told him about the insemination service. He applied for it and was given an appointment and instructions for preparation. On the due date Tansy was tied up in anticipation of the event. When the vet arrived the farmer greeted him. "Oi've done what you said," he began. "Here's a bucket o' warm water, some soap and a towel" and added "An' this 'ere's a nail to hang yer trousers on."

Latest Forum Posts