Non-motoring > Johnny Ball Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 18

Johnny Ball - Bromptonaut
Who remembers Johnny Ball and why?

My response was Play School but if you're younger it may be different.

I'll explain why I posted this later.....
 Johnny Ball - rtj70
Yep remember him. Sort of remember him in Play School but it's Think of a Number I most certainly remember him from.
 Johnny Ball - Bobby
Zoe Ball's dad
 Johnny Ball - rtj70
But you're probably old enough to remember him before anyone had heard of Zoe Ball.
 Johnny Ball - Roger.
Who is Zoe Ball?
I suppose I have to Google her.
 Johnny Ball - R.P.
Radio 1 "DJ" at one time I'm sure. Wasn't Johnny Ball on Record Breakers or some children's science programme ?
 Johnny Ball - rtj70
>> Wasn't Johnny Ball on Record Breakers or some children's science programme ?

Started out on Play Away (it wasn't Play School was it) then on Think of a Number and then that had spin-offs with 'Think' in the title. But he did other things like present on the Great Egg Race too.

He was also on Record Breakers for one episode - or so it seems via the IMDB lookup I just did.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 3 Jan 18 at 23:31
 Johnny Ball - Lygonos
Remember him from Playschool but mostly for Think of a Number and Think Again.

He was also rector of Glasgow University while I was there in the mid-90s, and he stayed into the wee hours getting absolutely hammered after his election in 1993.

Mark McManus (the guy who played Glasgow cop "Taggart") had to pull out of the race (probably liver failure developing) and was so annoyed by the Labour student group trying to get him to back their stooge (Helena Kennedy QC) that he urged students to vote for the apolitical candidate Ball.

Johnny Ball - VxFan
>> but mostly for Think of a Number and Think Again.

Same here.
 Johnny Ball - PeterS
I know Zoe Ball; not sure I remember Johnny Ball though...? Certainly not from play school. Was he on Blue Peter?
 Johnny Ball - sooty123
I can only vaguely remember where I saw him on tv first, a kids show I think but I'm not really sure. Last thing I heard him on was a gas boiler insurance advert. More familiar with his daughter.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Thu 4 Jan 18 at 07:16
 Johnny Ball - Duncan
I remember Graham Ball. Does that count?
 Johnny Ball - Cliff Pope
He's currently being sued for libel.
 Johnny Ball - Duncan
Link to the good old Daily Mail:-

tinyurl.com/y8gygrfk
 Johnny Ball - Manatee
I suppose it would be slander, if he said it to the Sun on Sunday, and they are potentially in the frame for libel if they published it.
 Johnny Ball - R.P.
And there's Alan Ball
 Johnny Ball - sooty123
And jake ball.
 Johnny Ball - smokie
Kenny?
 Johnny Ball - VxFan
>> More familiar with his daughter.

Are you now ;)
Latest Forum Posts