Non-motoring > Pyrolitic ovens Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 8

Pyrolitic ovens - MD
Goodly morning folk,

We are in need of a new Oven. It needs to be a double built in jobby and 'needs' to be of the Pyrolitic (self cleaning) type. She'll hear of nothing else gawd help my wallet!!

Do any of the panel or their Bosses have any experience in the field?

Merry Christmas to you all.

MD
 Pyrolitic ovens - helicopter
SWMBO has one ..Neff single pyrolitic which cost the thick end of a grand and more difficult to programme than the space shuttle.

She has not used the pyrolitic function
..high heat for an hour to leave a small pile of ash in theory as she is not convinced it works and you still have to clean the racks etc.

Pyrolitic ovens - Ted

Just has our poverty spec double cleaned by a very professional pair of lads. £50. Top/bottom and all racks. Both doors dismantled and glass cleaned inside and out. They diagnosed a failing fan so I later fitted the brand new spare motor I had in the workshop.

You could have it cleaned yearly for 10 yrs and still save dosh without buying a pyromaniac one.

Tell her to pull herself together, Martin !
 Pyrolitic ovens - Pat
Tell her to get a man in to clean the oven Martin.

£35 here for an excellent job and let's face it....you could do it for free!

Pat
 Pyrolitic ovens - smokie
Poundland oven cleaner is "second to none"

Only a Pound too!!

Also really straightforward to use.
 Pyrolitic ovens - R.P.
Cleaning the oven was, for me, a Sunday morning task - took 90 minutes start to finish, the length of the Archers Omnibus. The one we have here was in when we moved here - Double oven dual fuel (propane hob and electric ovens) Has "catalytic liners" certainly remains cleaner than the one we had in the old place.
 Pyrolitic ovens - Crankcase
Cleaning ovens is a thing? Really?

I think I view that as Quentin Crisp did. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.

Pyrolitic ovens - CGNorwich
All ovens are self cleaning aren't they? Never had to clean one anyway..
 Pyrolitic ovens - Zero
Catalytic / Pyrolitic ovens are no longer the norm, and you pay over 500quid for them these days (double oven)

Stick with enamel, if you run them at 250c for an hour, the fat gets carbonised and brushes off.
Latest Forum Posts