Non-motoring > Happy Xmas Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Harleyman Replies: 38

Happy Xmas - Harleyman
Off to me daughter's for the weekend, will be too swamped by grandchildren to post.

Have a good one all of you.
 Happy Xmas - Robin O'Reliant
And a happy Xmas to you too, and to all on C4P.
 Happy Xmas - Dutchie
All the best to all, daughter and grandchildren at our house for Christmas.

Middle son in London see him in the New Year.
 Happy Xmas - Manatee
>> Off to me daughter's for the weekend, will be too swamped by grandchildren to post.

Same here. Merry Christmas to all.
 Happy Xmas - CGNorwich
Lucky you. Enjoy them. Children are what Christmas is about.
Happy Christmas one and all!
 Happy Xmas - zippy
Merry Christmas to one and all!
 Happy Xmas - Manatee
Yes, lucky indeed.
 Happy Xmas - R.P.
Nadolig Llawen and a Happy Christmas from Clwyd Valley - Spring has sprung and there are Daffodils out on Anglesey !
 Happy Xmas - Manatee
And jackdaws nesting in our chimney again!
 Happy Xmas - Dog
Nadelik Lowen! & Bledhen Nowydh Da!

>>Daffodils out on Anglesey

Sunni Cornwall too + Primroses.

Happy Xmas - Runfer D'Hills
>> Nadolig Llawen...

That's the sort of thing I ended up typing when I had a BlackBerry!

Yes indeed, may all your dings be merrily donged and your shepherd's socks be washed by night or whatever.

;-)
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sat 23 Dec 17 at 13:11
 Happy Xmas - tyrednemotional
....that's because you actually had a BllackBerry.....

Nollaig Chridheil to one and all.
 Happy Xmas - Crankcase
Christmas wishes to you all. As Bilbo said, “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
 Happy Xmas - R.P.
I had a work Blackberry (Bold) superb bit of kit, apart from when the letter "b" failed on them (common problem) and "b" was part of your password. As a business phone far better than an iPhone.
 Happy Xmas - Hard Cheese

>> business phone far better than an iPhone>>

As is any Android phone - though most Samsungs are over priced.

Seasonal Greetings all!
 Happy Xmas - Focal Point
SWMBO authorises me to send this traditional seasonal greeting in her language*:

Radosnych i pogodnych
Świąt Bożego Narodzenia
oraz wielu szczęśliwych chwil
i wszelkiej pomyślności
w nadchodzÄ…cym Nowym Roku

You all know about Google Translate, I assume?

* Polish is the second most commonly spoken language in the UK, by numbers using it as their first language - or was. (Maybe Brexit is changing that.)
 Happy Xmas - movilogo
Merry Xmas to all.

What's the difference between Merry Xmas vs Happy Xmas?
 Happy Xmas - stan10
" . What's the difference between Merry Xmas vs Happy Xmas? . "

Four large whiskys or two small sherries ?

Thanks all for another year of interesting reading
Best wishes to all.
 Happy Xmas - Crankcase
Merry/Happy. One is a more recently imported Americanism, but dashed if I can remember which, the deuce take it.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sat 23 Dec 17 at 18:44
 Happy Xmas - No FM2R
>>What's the difference between Merry Xmas vs Happy Xmas?

Saying *Merry* Christmas makes *Happy* New Year easier to say in a sentence.
 Happy Xmas - Dog
>>Radosnych i pogodnych
Świąt Bożego Narodzenia
oraz wielu szczęśliwych chwil
i wszelkiej pomyślności
w nadchodzÄ…cym Nowym Roku

Goggie trans sez:

"Joyful and cheerful Christmas and many happy moments
and all well-being in the coming New Year"

Whereas Bing Translate (which is what I usually use) sez:

"Happy and cheerful Christmas
and many happy moments and all the prosperity in the coming New Year"

(*_*)
 Happy Xmas - BiggerBadderDave
Gave up alcohol in 2011 but tonight I had a few shots of vodka.

And a couple of drags. What the hell.

So very very very very merry Christmas.

(Very)
 Happy Xmas - Ambo
>>Daffodils out on Anglesey !

Primroses in Poole

Best wishes to all and thanks for expert views on various topics.
 Happy Xmas - VxFan
>> >> Off to me daughter's for the weekend,
>>
>> Same here. Merry Christmas to all.

You both have the same daughter?

;)
 Happy Xmas - No FM2R
I hope everybody has a great time, wherever they are and whatever they choose to do.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 23 Dec 17 at 19:26
 Happy Xmas - Bromptonaut
Seasons Greetings to all.

Mrs B and I having Xmas together in caravan on Cumbrian coast. Off to Mrs B's oldest friend (and Miss B's In Laws to be) on 27th for family get together including The Lad and his g/f. Then, sequentially, Mrs B's rellies and mine before 02/01 when (Hurray) the whole damn thing is over for another year.
 Happy Xmas - Roger.
Behind the wire in N. I. guarded with armed security on the gates.

The turkey is in the fridge, (an M & S Pembrokeshire organic free range Bronze at an insane price) ordered, with other meaty stuff by us from home a couple of weeks ago and delivered to an M & S Simply Food not far from Belfast International Airport.
I seem to be the designated cook for the three weeks we are here, as my daughter is (as usual) working daft shifts doing home based care.

Have a good Christmas, all of you and a blooming good New Year - yes - ALL of you ;-)
 Happy Xmas - DP
Happy Christmas all. Hope it's a great one.

Sent from an overpriced Samsung mobile :-)
 Happy Xmas - rtj70
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Da

From an overpriced Mac Mini. :-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sun 24 Dec 17 at 00:44
 Happy Xmas - Hard Cheese
>> Happy Christmas all. Hope it's a great one.
>>
>> Sent from an overpriced Samsung mobile :-)
>>

Yule learn :-)
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Sun 24 Dec 17 at 09:09
 Happy Xmas - No FM2R
>>Have a good Christmas, all of you and a blooming good New Year - yes - ALL of you ;-)

Merry Christmas Roger, and a Happy New Year.
 Happy Xmas - MD
Off to the Daughter's pad for the day and the return match is on Boxing day. I fancy the Grand sprogs will be spoilt rotten. TBH they're worth it, but it'll still be tooooo much stuff.

MD
 Happy Xmas - smokie
Just been to Lidl for a few last minute bits. Not so busy, lots of meats marked down but no space in the freezer.

Eldest is due shortly, mental health nurse daughter in B'ham is working on Christmas Day and Boxing Day so won't be here till 27th.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!
 Happy Xmas - legacylad
Merry Christmas to ewe all.
I would just like to say a heartfelt ‘ Thank You’ to everyone who replied to any questions which I posted on this forum over the past year or two. I don’t take it for granted and really appreciate people’s time and effort.

Off to the gym now... my bad back has improved lots with two recent weeks in the sun. I’ll finish off with a sauna, grab a few pints on the way home in a local pub or two, poached egg beans on toast, light the stove then watch a rented film which I’ve downloaded from the iTunes Store ( A Monster Calls or The Nice Guys). Then maybe join friends in my local pub again if I can be bothered, given that it’s a 5 minute walk I might make the effort.

It’s drizzling and very windy but the fresh air will do me good
 Happy Xmas - Focal Point
SWMBO and I went to the carol service at St Albans Cathedral on Friday.

Stepson No 2, stepdaughter plus boyfriend, SWMBO and I will do a (fairly) traditional Polish Wigilia supper today, including home-made barszcz czerwony (red beetroot soup) and poppy-seed cake.

Fairly traditional British roast Christmas lunch tomorrow for the same people, with cockerel - not insipid and dry turkey, which I cannot stand.

Stepson No 1, partner, baby daughter, partner's teenage daughter, stepson No 2, stepdaughter, SWMBO and I for Boxing Day lunch, with gammon joint and spiced Mediterranean vegetables etc.

Watching the latest series of The Crown in the evenings and enjoying it very much.

I don't really enjoy Christmas very much in itself, but am very happy to spend lots of time in the kitchen cooking for everybody.
 Happy Xmas - Ted

Table set for 11, all cooking done for tomoz. 7 adults and 4 nippaz. House is like Tesco with drink, cake and chocolate. I'd rather be in the garage with my beloved one.

Still, I'll sneak a few cigars in there during the day and no doubt enjoy some considerable ribbing of my Man United mad son and SiL .
 Happy Xmas - Bobby
Merry Christmas a’body as Oor Wullie would say!!

Fully traditional here starting with 9pm mass. Don’t go rest of year but seem to get a lot out of the mass on Christmas Eve. Very well done with all lights out and candles lit whilst choir sing Silent Night. Now relaxing (very) with my third Espresso Martini.

Xmas day brings the kids (aged 23 & 20) still sitting on edge of our bed opening their stockings followed by more present opening and then a visit to my dad.

Dinner starts at 4pm and finishes about 10.30 with plenty of time between courses to fit in snoozes / dog walks etc.

Hic !
 Happy Xmas - sooty123
Just our household today, not meeting up with the family until the 27th and 28th due to the OHs work commitments. Opposite for me I've got over two weeks off work, we normally shut down over this period anyway.
Still got a full roast today, gone for gammon this year.
 Happy Xmas - BiggerBadderDave
I feel as fat as fudge so I'm gonna lie down in bed with Netflix.

Do not disturb.
Latest Forum Posts