Non-motoring > Jeff Lynne's ELO Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 8

Jeff Lynne's ELO - Hard Cheese
Anyone see the 2017 Wembley gig broadcast on the BBC late on Saturday night. Watched it on iPlayer today, brilliant music brilliantly performed, well worth a watch.

I saw ELO at Wembley in '78, a show that itself was filmed and televised, and sometimes pops up on BBC4.

It's a cliché though ELO's music is definitely a key part of the soundtrack to my life.
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - rtj70
I didn't know it was broadcast but like ELO a lot. The last/recent album as good as the old stuff. Thanks.
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - R.P.
As HC says. Soundtrack of my life. Saw them live at Liverpool couple of years ago. Superb.
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - Zero
I was at the Out of the Blue concert in Wembley. Stunning. Unrepeatable in fact so to try is a crime. 2017 ELO is a pale imitation of the real thing.
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - Hard Cheese
>> I was at the Out of the Blue concert in Wembley. Stunning. Unrepeatable in fact
>> so to try is a crime. 2017 ELO is a pale imitation of the real
>> thing.
>>

Totally disagree, I was there in '78 and it was brilliant though the current line up are superb musicians and really do the music justice. Watch the Wembley '17 gig on iPlayer, truly superb.
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - Boxsterboy
I too was at Wembley in '78 and at the 02 last year (3rd row seats!). Jeff Lynne is no show-man and the show was less animated in 2016 than 1978 but he lets the quality of the music/production do the talking.
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - R.P.
He's a very understated musician. Top end connections in the music world. He'll be around for years to come hopefully and remembered for a long, long time. I wasn't at any of their earlier gigs, to me the latest version was magical. I guess the light shows and that were superior in the 70s but the sound was first class in our gig at the Echo. There was one guy in the audience dressed in a "Blue Sky" suit. As I say magical.
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - Robin O'Reliant
Can't beat 'em -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHnI4Mbv2sU
 Jeff Lynne's ELO - CGNorwich
Weren’t they a bit pretentious?
Latest Forum Posts