Non-motoring > a job for the council? Haunted carpark etc.i Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 2

a job for the council? Haunted carpark etc.i - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11028998

The joys of dealing with Joe Pubic.

some others
lThere was also a complaint from one caller that his purple recycling bag clashed with the flowers in his border.

One customer was helping a relative clear out their house said: "They've kept newspaper by the fireplace that has turned yellow and they've put it in the paper bin, is that ok?"

When told that it was, they asked: "And there are bits of toe nails and skin in there, is that ok too?"

Another caller reported sheep loose on the road, and requested the name of the farmer they belonged to.

One service advisor taking a customer's credit card payment asked for the name on the card, and was told: "Marks and Spencer.
Last edited by: henry k on Sat 21 Aug 10 at 18:23
 a job for the council? Haunted carpark etc.i - Old Navy
Is that a deliberate typo in line one ?
 a job for the council? Haunted carpark etc.i - Kevin
>The joys of dealing with Joe Pubic..

>They've kept newspaper by the fireplace that has turned yellow and they've put it in the paper bin, is that ok?"

Pick up any newspaper nowadays and you're likely to find a report about someone who's bin wasn't emptied or they were threatened with a fine for putting the 'wrong' waste in a particular bin. The offering in today's Telegraph was about an old dear who received a snotty letter from the council telling her to stop tending to the verge outside her home.

While councils dream up more and more petty regulations is it any wonder they get phone calls about how to comply with them?

They created the problem, (at great expense to you and me), let them deal with it.

Kevin...
Latest Forum Posts