Non-motoring > Harry's Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 20

Harry's - R.P.
Anyone using their shaving gear ? Just opted into one of their offers...seems to be a fair shave...!
 Harry's - Hard Cheese
That wet shaving, the dark ages, I've used Braun for years, current one bought around early 2006 still going strong, still very contemporary, only on it's third cutter and foil installed last week.

Though I am generally bearded, or long stubble anyway, so only shave cheeks and neck daily ...
 Harry's - Roger.
I'm using Cornerstone's razor, shave gel and after shave balm. I manage to get just about two weeks out of a blade. The shave gel is almost non-lathering, but is very slippery, sticks well to the face and doesn't leave a nasty scum in the basin. The shave balm is pretty good too, but they have missed a point by having different perfumes for the shave gel and aftershave balm.
Last edited by: Roger. on Wed 22 Nov 17 at 21:52
 Harry's - Bromptonaut
I've had a goatee since 1996. Ideally I'd have a full beard but cheek hair too sparse for that to be credible so I, unless I'm on holiday and stubble look is OK, I need a daily shave.

For most part I'm happy with a Philishave, just bought a new one and relegated old kit to the caravan. Keep a battery Braun at work for odd day I forget to shave before leaving home.

If I want a 'proper' shave a disposable and French shaving foam does the job.
 Harry's - Ted

I just shave my cheeks and under me bottom lip.I use disposables and do it every three or four days. I don't like the feel of hairs on my lips so I trim my moustache and the rest of my white foliage with the Lidl hair trimmer every month.

SWM did my hair with the same machine this morning so I was able to goose the hairdresser !
 Harry's - Fullchat
SWMBO got me a razor and the cream.

After 4 shaves it started to drag so I'm now back on the Fusion.

Just bought a card on offer with a razor and 11 blades for £25 so am now stocked up.
 Harry's - R.P.
Bargain. I went from a Fusion. I've just had ten blades from Harry for £14.00 - the original blade is still fine and gave a good shave from it on a 3 day old growth. Jury is still out.
 Harry's - R.P.
Well, fast forward a week or so. Unshaven since last Saturday. New Harry's blade deployed and it was awful. In the end reached for the Fusion which (despite its age) was smooth and comfortable. Guess I will be cancelling my subscription and reverting to Gillette's finest.
 Harry's - MD
Morning Rob and others,

Lidl do a truly wonderful razor for I think £2.99 and it comes with one blade, which is 4 or 5 blades in one cutter if you get my drift. They also do a pack of refills (4 I think) for £3.75

The original handle is still going strong after two years and the blades cannot be faulted.

Their shaving gel at 85 pence is good too.
 Harry's - R.P.
Harry's binned. Load of rubbish. Got an extra supply of blades - one shave (3 days growth) blunted it. Had to use an old Fusion to finish the job. Took advantage of a Gillette offer of a razor and blade for £1.95 (generally a little cheaper than a single blade) - Tesco have an offer now for 8 for £15.00 - they'll last a long time. Included in the Gillette mailing was a £4.00 voucher. Back to Tesco tomorrow to stock up on another 8 - less than a quid a throw.

The Harry's shaving cream was superb - easily the best part of the deal. The "German engineered" razor is probably made in Chad or somewhere and feels inferior to Gillette Mach 3 disposable which was an occasional use on holiday.

Cheap and nasty rubbish
 Harry's - CGNorwich
No not Chad, they aremade in Germany.

“Harry's purchased the Feintechnik razor factory in Germany for a reported $100 million in an effort to provide control over the entire process of manufacturing their products.”

Gillette,s European products are made in the Czech Republic.

Harry's - Robin O'Reliant
Three or four years ago I bought a pack of 25 disposables from the 99p shop. Much to my surprise it was like shaving with an angle grinder only a bit more painful.

Well you have to try these things or you'd never know.
 Harry's - R.P.
Feintechnik razor factory in Germany for a reported $100 million

Must have seen them coming a kilometre off.
 Harry's - CGNorwich
Interesting story.

uk.businessinsider.com/how-harrys-bought-a-german-factory-2015-6
 Harry's - Fullchat
So buying a pack of razor blades is an 'annoying' experience.

FFS! If that's the basis of the business plan then more fool to those who backed the venture.

My priorities are a razor that will give a good shave, last for a reasonable time and not be robbed in the process.

Maybe they should have concentrated on the quality of the product rather than the delivery experience.

Last edited by: Fullchat on Sat 6 Jan 18 at 11:35
 Harry's - Hard Cheese

>> Must have seen them coming a kilometre off.
>>

About 1.60934 km I reckon ...

Harry's - Roger.
I use Cornerstone for blades, shaving gel and aftershave B
balm. I shave every day and get about 12 to 14 days per blade. Their shaving gel is almost non lathering, but gives great lubrication and one only needs a thumbnail sized blob. It's a not cheap, at 6 quid a tube though.
 Harry's - Mapmaker
I use King of Shaves. Again, mail order. £72 for 48 5-blade cartridges, no need to go razor shopping for two or three years at least.
 Harry's - DP
I could never be bothered to wet shave every day. For me, a wet shave has always been for special occasions. A job interview, an important meeting, a first date (way back when) etc. Electric shavers do a perfectly adequate job day to day, for me anyway. And if you get a Braun with the Clean and Renew station, there are no hygiene or cleaning worries either.

I reckon I wet shave no more than once or twice a month.
 Harry's - sooty123
>> I use King of Shaves. Again, mail order. £72 for 48 5-blade cartridges, no need
>> to go razor shopping for two or three years at least.
>>

I tried them, couldn't get on at all with them. Didn't seem to give a very good shave at all. So I went back to gillette, I've not found anything to better them.
 Harry's - R.P.
Can't believe this is now nearly two months ago. The Gillette Fusion that replaced the Harry's is still going - slight drag now especially on a couple of days growth, but still
Latest Forum Posts