Mass Shooting in America - Robin O'Reliant
....Again.

Twenty seven dead so far, no reports that it was terrorist related -

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511
 Mass Shooting in America - movilogo
If it is a not a terrorist attack/related, then solution is either

1. Everyone carries gun all the time.

or

2. No one carries gun at any time (except police)

Mass Shooting in America - Robin O'Reliant
>> 2. No one carries gun at any time (except police)

I'll take option 2, please./
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 6 Nov 17 at 02:07
 Mass Shooting in America - zippy
>>I'll take option 2, please./

That's the sensible option.

We are talking about the USA here so they will probably opt for option 1.

Expect mass casualties every time a car back fires, someone farts or has a small disagreement.

I read somewhere recently that the 2nd amendment was envisaging a armoury available to a local militia in case of need against the State and its agents, not specifically the right to carry firearms or keep them in the home. It is only in recent times that the gun lobby got the interpretation changed.
Last edited by: zippy on Sun 5 Nov 17 at 21:20
 Mass Shooting in America - Zero
Shrug - Its America, its no longer news.
 Mass Shooting in America - tyrednemotional
>> >> 2. No one carries gun at any time (except police)
>>
>> I'll take option 2, please./
>>

...given recent experience, I don't think either option is likely to prove entirely successful.....
 Mass Shooting in America - CGNorwich
It would appear that the gunman was fired upon and possibly killed by an armed local man

Option one sometime works

yup one in 26 times.
The Trump view:

“I think that mental health is a problem here. Based on preliminary reports, this was a very deranged individual with a lot of problems over a very long period of time.

“We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries, but this isn’t a guns situation … we could go into it but it’s a little bit soon to go into it. Fortunately somebody else had a gun that was shooting in the opposite direction, otherwise it wouldn’t have been as bad as it was, it would have been much worse.

“This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very sad event … these are great people at a very, very sad event, but that’s the way I view it.”
 Mass Shooting in America - Focal Point
You have to admire the President's intellectual grasp, his subtlety and mastery of language here.
He aint stupid, he knows he got elected by the gun lobby.
 Mass Shooting in America - Lygonos
Makes me think fondly of GWBush.
 Mass Shooting in America - Harleyman
>> You have to admire the President's intellectual grasp, his subtlety and mastery of language here.
>>

And the proof, if it were ever needed, that irony is completely beyond American comprehension.
You make the mistake of generalisation. Many (most?) Americans are appalled by Trump and are as aware of irony as you are. Read and listen to more diverse sources :-)
>> You make the mistake of generalisation. Many (most?) Americans are appalled by Trump and are
>> as aware of irony as you are. Read and listen to more diverse sources :-)
>>
>>

My sources are pretty diverse thanks, ranging from liberal-metro left to redneck right. If the majority are so appalled they'd have done something about him by now.
Exactly what should they do?

He's likely to be impeached in the not too distant future.
 Mass Shooting in America - No FM2R
>>Many (most?) Americans are appalled by Trump

He's more popular inside the US than you might think.
Yes more popular than you might think but still not the majority and certainly not on the East and West coasts nor in mainstream media.
 Mass Shooting in America - No FM2R
>Yes more popular than you might think but still not the majority

The majority of the electorate, no probably not.

But the majority amongst those who don't usually vote, the vocally p*ssed off, etc. etc. Probably.

Don't forget, Trump was not elected on the basis of what he would do, he was elected on the basis of what he hated.

Many people voted for him because Trump was vocally critical of the things they they hated as well; immigrants, media, Washington Establishment, Muslims, etc. etc.

All he has to do is carry on vocally hating those things and he may be quite difficult to shift.

They need to ignore Trump and try and get their own supporters back out and voting.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 6 Nov 17 at 16:58
 Mass Shooting in America - TheManWithNoName
So what was their God doing whilst the shooting was taking place?
>> So what was their God doing whilst the shooting was taking place?
>>

Probably having a breather before the next one.
 Mass Shooting in America - henry k
What a long list and still it will continue.n

www.cbsnews.com/news/deadliest-mass-shootings-us-las-vegas-texas-church/
 Mass Shooting in America - madf
Well they have shot a number of Presidents and nothing has changed so what are a few thousand citizens?
 Mass Shooting in America - sooty123
It now appears he was banned from owning a gun due to being chucked out of the air force, however they forgot to put this information on the national database. So he should have been prohibited from buying any weapon.

I'd bet it'll cost them a penny or two.
Today, in South Korea, Trump was asked by a reporter: “You’ve talked about wanting to put extreme vetting on people trying to come into the United States. I wonder if you would consider extreme vetting for people trying to buy a gun?” Trump replied:

“If you did what you’re suggesting, there would have been no difference three days ago. And you might not have had that very brave person who happened to have a gun or a rifle in his truck go out and shoot him and hit him and neutralize him. If he didn’t have a gun, instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead.”

Obvious really. :-(
 Total Mass Shootinge vents in America 2017 to date - henry k
www.abc15.com/news/national/mass-shootings-in-the-u-s-over-270-mass-shootings-have-occurred-in-2017_
 Total Mass Shootinge vents in America 2017 to date - R.P.
Madness.
Latest Forum Posts