Non-motoring > Bladerunner 2049 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 15

Bladerunner 2049 - legacylad
I'm off to watch it this week...decent reviews and the trailers look great
So far this year I've seen some cracking films....Wind River, Hell or High Water, Baby Driver, The Big Sick, Manchester by the Sea, T2 Trainspotting are just a few that spring to mind.
Another day out in the 'Big City'.....quite exciting for us country folk!
 Bladerunner 2049 - No FM2R
I loved Trainspotting, really enjoyed it and it had a lasting impact. I thought that T2 was b***** awful and a waste of time. A Sunday afternoon movie at best and certainly not one worth paying to see.

I fancy Baby Driver but not seen it yet. Care to add a bit moe detail to what you thought of it?

As for Bladerunner, I didn't really "get" the original, though I don't think I've seen Ridley Scott's own cut, and even he thinks the released version was bad. I don't think its worth a cinema visit, I shall wait for a couple of years and catch it late night on free television. That will especially help in case Scott suddenly decides he doesn't like this one either and decides to release a revised 'cut' in the future.

A couple of the other films you mention I am not aware of, so I shall be looking them up this afternoon.
I enjoyed T2, probably the least enjoyable of the ones I mentioned, possibly because of my high expectations.
Manchester by the Sea & The Big Sick were not ‘ big name’ films so not particularly hyped and all the better for it.
 Bladerunner 2049 - Robin O'Reliant
I haven't been to the cinema since 1988. "Who framed Roger Rabbit" was the film.

They'd started to clamp down on smoking then, you had to sit on one side of the auditorium.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Sun 8 Oct 17 at 20:37
 Bladerunner 2049 - R.P.
Watched Manchester by the Sea on Amazon the other night. Misery from start to finish. Brilliant.
Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 8 Oct 17 at 20:41
When working in ‘Wessie Yorkshire’ I went to the cinema fortnightly.... finish work at 6, curry, then a screening in Bradford or Leeds @8/9 pm, home by midnight.
These days I try to see a film on the big screen at least every 3 weeks. One of life’s real pleasures for me. Even surpassing beer & curry
This week it will be an afternoon screening in Leeds, followed by a few beers before the train home, then a couple more, and finally a curry. Happy days!
 Bladerunner 2049 - Boxsterboy
The last film I saw was Dunkirk, which was mostly a load of carp.

There were some good bits, but seeing a Spitfire fly over the Dunkirk beaches with obvious post-war buildings on the ground kind of ruined it - surely so simply to fix with CGI these days?
 Bladerunner 2049 - Crankcase
We would go more often but the tickets are pretty expensive, for us anyway. I just looked up the cost of seeing Bladerunner in 3D tonight in Cambridge. It's £29.80 for the two of us. Add in the cost of getting there, parking in Cambridge and you're nudging £50 before sweeties, never mind a meal. Seems like a lot for a film that will pop up on the telly in due course, I have to say, 3D or not.

Bladerunner 2049 - DP
As a sci-fi fan, and a massive fan of all dystopian fiction, I found the original Bladerunner to be probably the most disappointing film I've seen. I tried to watch it twice, and it bored me to tears, quite frankly.
 Bladerunner 2049 - Dog
Sci-fi [confused of Cornwall] I thought a blade runner was someone like Oscar Pistorius.

I really really must try to make the effort to get out moor.
 Bladerunner 2049 - Roger.
The last time I went to the cinema was in Puerto Banus.
They used to show English language films on one of their screens.
Can't even remember the film - maybe a Bond?
 Bladerunner 2049 - No FM2R
>>As a sci-fi fan, and a massive fan of all dystopian fiction............

What would you recommend? He asks on a boring Bank Holiday afternoon in Chile.
 Bladerunner 2049 - Manatee
Not sure I'd call it dystopian, but Philip Jose Farmer's Riverworld series popped into my head the other day, I've only read the first three (about 40 years ago) and a couple more were written later - I was married then and had less time to fritter.

My first thought was to order them but there only seem to be digital versions on Amazon, which I generally don't enjoy reading quite so much. I'll probably go for it anyway.

If you want to hedge your bets, the first one is called "To your scattered bodies go".
Sunshine
Not you
The film
‘Sunshine’ being the 2007 Danny Boyle movie
Earlier this year I saw both ‘Ex Machina’ & ‘Arrival’. I enjoyed both but preferred the former
They are all sci fi films, although I don’t particularly favour that genre
Hope that helps
 Bladerunner 2049 - PeterS
By contrast, at the Picturedrome in Bognor, tickets for all screens (three of them :p) are £2.50 each in the week, £3.50 at the weekend. Admittedly not 3D, but during the week the drinks (beer, wine, G&T) cost more than the film. Chichester might be closer, but we’ll splash out and go at the weekend ;)
Latest Forum Posts