Non-motoring > Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 7

Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These... - zippy
We are all hoping for decent trade deals with the rest of the world when Brexit happens.

Unfortunately our friends in America are starting to make our life difficult:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41532309

Boeing don't even make that class of aircraft so I guess that they want the market clear for their next product or hope to be able to sell their current product in that space?

Our farmers are also under threat with potential subsidies being lost and both America and Canada don't want the UK to remain in the EU quota system which would protect our farmers on price and us for quality:

www.digitallook.com/news/news-and-announcements--/us-among-trade-heavyweights-to-warn-uk-over-post-brexit-food-quotas--2897213.html
 Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These... - No FM2R
No no no, don't you remember? Everybody will be desperate to deal with us and we will be able to negotiate even better deals than the EU can!

Surely yoy remember, a price worth paying and all that.
 Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These... - CGNorwich
Ah yes I remember..We would take back.control as we headed into the land of.milk an honey with other nations begging for trade deals.

Was that a dream then?
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sat 7 Oct 17 at 19:13
 Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These... - Zero
Remember what the man, a certain Mr Trump said once. it will be a good deal for the Brits. Remember what he has since said many times

America First

America First

America First

America First
 Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These... - Old Navy
>> Ah yes I remember..We would take back.control as we headed into the land of.milk an
>> honey with other nations begging for trade deals.
>>
>> Was that a dream then?
>>

No, a repeat of the Scottish independence pitch by the SNP.
 Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These... - Ambo
Boeing has been bleating about unfair British and Canadian subsidies for Bombardier. I haven't spotted any ripostes by the governments of these countries. Are they guilty or not?
I believe that Boeing gets huge subsidies as well. www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38131611

It seems totally mad as mentioned, Boeing doesn't even compete in the same area. A bit like Ford going after Reliant.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that if the "out" politicians were company directors selling investments in the same way that they sold Brexit, they would be stuck off, or jailed for fraud!
Latest Forum Posts