Non-motoring > Hugh Hefner - RIP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 16

Hugh Hefner - RIP - VxFan
Hugh Hefner: Playboy magazine founder dies aged 91

Playboy Enterprises Inc said he passed away peacefully at home in Los Angeles, from natural causes. What's the betting he died with a huge smile on his face ;)

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41423845
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Hard Cheese
It's all gone tits up for him ...

Seriously I think he deserves a lot of respect, rather than objectifying women as some would acuse him, he helped break down taboos and promote women as having their own sexual identity, having control as opposed to being at the beck and call of men.
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Harleyman
People tend to forget that despite it's salacious image, Playboy had a good reputation for serious journalism; some of its interviews won awards.
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - henry k
www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/hugh-hefner-buried-marilyn-monroe-article-1.3526691

Hefner bought the crypt next to Monroe's for a reported $75,000 in 1992 —

"Jay Leno suggested that if I was going to spend that kind of money, I should actually be on top of her," Hefner said. "But to me there's something rather poetic in the fact that we'll be buried in the same place.
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Fenlander
Some interesting bands of my youth on his 60s TV show... a newly formed Deep Purple for example...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiXcqxms3Bs

And Canned Heat... first album I bought and 47yrs on my copy still plays fine... www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymlxjaF9xI
Last edited by: Fenlander on Thu 28 Sep 17 at 20:52
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Robin O'Reliant
>> People tend to forget that despite it's salacious image, Playboy had a good reputation for
>> serious journalism; some of its interviews won awards.
>>
Clever marketing. Respectable people could buy the magazine on the pretext they were interested in the articles when all they really wanted to do was look at pictures of naked women.
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Ted

I have a few copies of Mayfair from the mid seventies concealed in the workshop. Apart from the pussy, there are very interesting articles on things like the Chrysler Airflow, Vintage aircraft and a 1920s wood built speedboat.

I need them for constant reference....of course. (or coarse ).
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Bobby
But do you think he was ever really happy???? 😊
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Stuartli
>>...promote women as having their own sexual identity, having control as opposed to being at the beck and call of men. >>

I don't think those who've suffered at the hands of IS and similar minded ilk would tend to agree with you.....:-)
Last edited by: Stuartli on Fri 29 Sep 17 at 17:26
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - No FM2R
>>...promote women as having their own sexual identity, having control as opposed to being at the beck and call of men. >>

I don't think so. They were offered a role which they could only get, and then keep, if men approved of their appearance.

Hardly emancipation.
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Harleyman

>> Playboy Enterprises Inc said he passed away peacefully at home in Los Angeles, from natural
>> causes. What's the betting he died with a huge smile on his face ;)
>>

Could be that he was just shagged out.
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Robin O'Reliant
At least it should reduce the number of terrorist incidents. Not much chance of a suicide bomber getting his 72 virgins if Heffner is already up there.
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Stuartli
Even if Hefner had only lived to 89 or 90, I'm sure he would still have had a big smile on his face.....:-)

Women are natural exhibitionists - they've been that way since Eve turned up...
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - zippy
>>Women are natural exhibitionists - they've been that way since Eve turned up...

My Ex never got the memo!
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Pat
I'm saying nothing:)

Pat
 Hugh Hefner - RIP - Dutchie
I'm not sure this is true but Hefner slept with a bunny before a picture was taken.

Hugh Hefner - RIP - VxFan
>> I'm not sure this is true but Hefner slept with a bunny before a picture was taken.

Quite a few men have slept with a bunny boiler at some point in their lives.
Latest Forum Posts