Non-motoring > Foiled attack at Buck house Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 24

Foiled attack at Buck house - MD
News item from yesterday. A person with a large knife/machete/sword was spotted with the implement in his car. Police intervened and one was wounded although not seriously I understand. A comment from a passerby suggested that there was a struggle etc., so clearly the perp was intent on harm.

My view is this (but you knew it would be). If I am that perp' with that type of weapon without good reason (there isn't one) I would expect to be killed on the spot no questions.

If I was that Copper and if I were unarmed (Hand gun etc.) I would not attempt to tackle him/her either and I should not be expected to. Therefore I see no reason not to shoot him/her on the spot.
 Foiled attack at Buck house - Zero

>> not attempt to tackle him/her either and I should not be expected to. Therefore I
>> see no reason not to shoot him/her on the spot.

Like the bloke who was armed with a chair leg?
If you can see that it's the type of weapon that I described.

Let's change the point then to arm more police ensuring that they have the best training available. Is that better?
 Foiled attack at Buck house - CGNorwich

>> Let's change the point then to arm more police ensuring that they have the best
>> training available. Is that better?

I rather think that our police a very well trained, especially when compared to some parts of the USA for example.

In the case in question the man was detained successfully albeit with slight injuries to the officers concerned. A result of good training?

Whether they should routinely carry weopons or not is a difficult question. It would very much change the relationship between the public and police I suspect and in the past i something that has been strongly rejected by the police themselves. I do not see any widespread demand for routinely armed police in this country.

>> If you can see that it's the type of weapon that I described

I say again, like the bloke shot for carrying a chair leg
How would you know if he had a good reason or not for having what appeared to be a weapon in a vehicle if you executed him on the spot? He was not wielding a weapon a weapon as I understand it.

If he did mean harm isn't it better to detain someone alive for questioning?

If you were carrying some tools which could be construed as weapons in you car and were stopped by the police should they be allowed to shoot you dead without so much as asking why you had them?

Do you think the police would want to operate in the way you suggest?

Foiled attack at Buck house - smokie
I'd be against arming too many more police with lethal weapons.

However I do believe Taser could be deployed to more front line officers. I know Tasers can sometimes be fatal but that's fairly rare, and from the footage I've seen on TV programmes just the threat of them is often enough to bring a potentially dangerous situation to an end.
 Foiled attack at Buck house - R.P.
Therefore I see no reason not to shoot him/her on the spot.

Apart from having potentially criminal liability and accountability on yourself. extrajudicial executions are not part of our national make up.
 Foiled attack at Buck house - Bobby
I think we should implement the OPs suggestion.
There are a few folk who I could think of that I could then plank a machete in their back seat ....
 Foiled attack at Buck house - movilogo
Details here

Buckingham Palace terror suspect drove at police and yelled 'Allahu akbar!' while reaching for 4ft sword before three unarmed hero officers wrestled him to the ground and disarmed him with CS spray

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4824420/Man-armed-sword-attacks-police-officer.html

Last edited by: movilogo on Sat 26 Aug 17 at 16:46
 Foiled attack at Buck house - R.P.
There's no doubt that there will be a more general arming of the Police over the next few years.
 Foiled attack at Buck house - No FM2R
The world isn't getting nicer, is it.
 Foiled attack at Buck house - zippy
Just goes to show police don't need to be routinely armed.

Quick thinking alert coppers disarmed a mad man.

Coppers in other countries may have shot first and asked questions later.

I prefer to see unarmed police generally with quick access to firearms if needed.
Quick access to firearms. Planet what Zippy?

Oh you mean in the other pocket? Yes/No?
78 years ago we were attacked.

We didn't give them housing and benefits.

We killed the fluffy bunny rabbits!

Some of you complacent folk (I'm trying toooo hard to b polite) need to up your game.

Stop being wimps and get a grip, because being nice never won a battle whether it's a fight or a business deal.

Think of the future and your offspring.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 27 Aug 17 at 01:28
Actually if you new anything about history you would know we weren't attacked. We declared war on Germany, a country who had a police force much like the sort of which you approve, murdering people As they saw fit.

Perhaps that is the sort of state you would like to live in. Thank God most if us don't.
So liberal one. Try driving your jalopy down the Mall with a machete of sword or some such other implement on the passenger seat. Linger get a while and let us know how you get on.

Please.
>> We killed the !
>> Some of you complacent folk (I'm trying toooo hard to b polite) need to up
>> your game.
>> Stop being wimps and get a grip, because being nice never won a battle whether
>> it's a fight or a business deal.
>> Think of the future and your offspring.

I think you need to emigrate, there is a home made nuclear shelter with your name on it in the Georgia hills, got a large arsenal of weapons attached, and all your brothers will greet you and present you with your white hood.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 27 Aug 17 at 01:28
Hoods?

You wear many "Hats" Zero my dear.. depends where the mood takes you, doesn't it?
>>Quick thinking coppers who were wounded by an idiot living in our country who was intent on harm.

Would your comment have been the same if a Copper was seriously hurt or killed?

What have you done/did during your working life?

Have you been in touch with reality for the last 30 years?

Foiled attack at Buck house - sooty123
I'm not sure what your getting at MD you want people killed on the spot?
"People" killed the spot? Hello
 Foiled attack at Buck house - sooty123
Apologies, I'm not sure what you mean. No doubt my fault as I don't always the conversations on here.
 Foiled attack at Buck house - zippy
No. I don't want the police to be routinely armed.

I do not want to be in fear of a power crazed copper with a gun when I am pulled over in my car. Just see how bad it is in the USA and proportionally far more cops are killed over there then over here and they are armed.

Cops (plural) are corrupt. Within a mile from where I live and less then 100 yards from where my Ex worked, three coppers shot and murdered a man. They were charged. It went to court and the the evidence was lost. The chief constable was sacked by the Home Secretary at the time.

If we go to war, then that is different, but I don't recall Bobbys on the beat being armed in WW2.

Foiled attack at Buck house - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> I do not want to be in fear of a power crazed copper with a
>> gun when I am pulled over in my car. Just see how bad it is
>> in the USA and proportionally far more cops are killed over there then over here
>> and they are armed.
>>
>>
While I'm not in favour of coppers being armed by default, why do people always bring up the USA as an example of a country with an armed police force? Most nations have armed police yet you never hear about US style police killings in those countries we would consider on a par with GB, democracy and freedom wise.
Latest Forum Posts