Non-motoring > Virgin TV on an additional TV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 2

Virgin TV on an additional TV - Bobby
My V6 virgin box is connected to the TV in the living room. I would have also liked to be able to "connect" it to the family room at the rear of the house, especially for watching football matches on.

I could buy a 25m HDMI cable and run it under floors but since I think that void is filled with the dead mice I have caught in the past, I don't fancy that!

I do see that I have Virgin TV anywhere so a possibility may be to use this on my laptop but hook the laptop up to the other TV by hdmi and then view that way? Though not sure what the quality of that would be?

Alternatively if I used TV anywhere on an ipad how would I "send" that to the TV?

Any other suggestions from those that may be have done this already?
 Virgin TV on an additional TV - Crankcase
Tv Anywhre is a not quite what you think, in my experience, in that it doesn't cover every channel, nor every programme. So be sure first it will actually show what you want.

Virgin will do you a second box more cheaply than double the price. Some folk have managed to get such a thing really really cheaply, even free, with a haggle, apparently. Definitely the easiest.

Or if you want an iPad to display on the tv, you can get a cable to connect it directly. I bought a cheap eBay one as a gamble for about a fiver and it was a disaster, so you need to go for a good quality one.

Or you need something that understands AirPlay, such as an Appletv, connected to your TV. You also need an app on the iPad that both shows what you want and supports AirPlay of course, which is not a given.

Lots of TVs these days support mirrorcast natively, but you can't mirrorcast from an Apple device, only an Android. A family member can send whatever is on her cheap Hudl screen to her tv in three clicks, but I can't make my iPad talk to her tv at all.

Don't forget Firestick and/or Chromecast tech, both of which are dead simple to install and get going. Whether you can then get the content you want is another story.

A whole bunch of ways but with some fiddle ahead is the answer.

Virgin TV on an additional TV - smokie
I've had a 2nd TiVo for years and they charge me next to nothing. It's only the 500Gb one but adequate for what I need. Always worth calling them...
Latest Forum Posts